DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Torque Converter I.D.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torque Converter I.D.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have an old bolt together torque converter. When it was given to me, the only information I got was it for a powerglide, behind a BBC. The only numbers on it are RD 02 E. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 5 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
If it's old, and bolt together, would it most likely be a Hughes?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1816 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Post a photo, particularly of the bolt cover.

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 40 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

Or a Neil Chance...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

Or a Neil Chance...

There ya go!!! I knew I was missing it.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1816 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRK:
https://flic.kr/ps/44AqKU

I have one that looks like that "Blue Paint". It's an early Chance.

Only one saying they can work on it is PTC. I'm needing to have it rebuilt to work on a blower motor.

Brandon are you saying BTE can work on them? Stator?

Dave

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3343 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you want to open it and post photos I can tell you more. Most companies can work on it - as for who made it? It's definitely an early design. Maybe Chance. There was a fellow from Missouri making them before a lot of others jumped on the wagon.

President
BTE / Memphis Performance
www.bteracing.com

Posts: 40 | Location: Mount Pleasant, MS | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I want to say the earliest ones that I saw were from Richard Daugherty out of the Kansas City area.

Posts: 401 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post