quote:Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I run one with Methanol and don't have any issues. Which you won't if your tune up is good.
This past weekend I did however have the top of the electric valve just break off and dump the contents in my pit as soon as I parked my car. Scared the heck out of me when I saw it. Putting a cast brass valve back on it to replace the cast aluminum Moroso valve.
quote:Originally posted by sr4440:quote:Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I run one with Methanol and don't have any issues. Which you won't if your tune up is good.
This past weekend I did however have the top of the electric valve just break off and dump the contents in my pit as soon as I parked my car. Scared the heck out of me when I saw it. Putting a cast brass valve back on it to replace the cast aluminum Moroso valve.
Curtis,
If you want to go back to electric, this is what i use. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0Q4QYI?th=1
to the OP, running methanol and a Accusump for 8-10 years. no issues so far.
Joe
quote:Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I run one with Methanol and don't have any issues. Which you won't if your tune up is good.
This past weekend I did however have the top of the electric valve just break off and dump the contents in my pit as soon as I parked my car. Scared the heck out of me when I saw it. Putting a cast brass valve back on it to replace the cast aluminum Moroso valve.
quote:Originally posted by moparacer:quote:Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
I run one with Methanol and don't have any issues. Which you won't if your tune up is good.
This past weekend I did however have the top of the electric valve just break off and dump the contents in my pit as soon as I parked my car. Scared the heck out of me when I saw it. Putting a cast brass valve back on it to replace the cast aluminum Moroso valve.
Curtis what do you think cause this to happen?
I have a Moroso 3 qt. with that valve, I have used for 25 years, on alky with no issues but that looks scary. I have mine mounted above the front drivers side wheel on the brow bar. Something like that on a pass would not end well.
I don't use mine for any pressure aid. I use it to prelube the engine at startup.
But now you got me scared.