Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Big Bubba Tires
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking on Jegs site and it's showing the 3195 tire as being designed for door car use because of the compound. Has this always been the case? Looks like the 3197 is designated for dragsters and is same size just different compound. Is this info correct or have I been out in left field too long?
 
Posts: 192 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
3197 was allegedly redsigned over the 3195 to resist chunking and offer more stability for blown/procharger applications up top end
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
If you are not running 200+ in the 1/4, stay with the 3195s.


Jeremiah Hall
 
Posts: 696 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
3197 was allegedly redsigned over the 3195 to resist chunking and offer more stability for blown/procharger applications up top end


And they failed miserably!!
 
Posts: 2371 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Undertaker - either will work, I ran both on my current combo. The door car vs dragster compound is more important on the little bubbas!

Big Steve - I know a few going 6 teens with MT with no issues... Its more that just the tire. Not saying you aren't having chunking issues.
 
Posts: 2123 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
The problem with the 3197 big bubba in TD is mostly on cars running 225 mph in the 1/4 mile, MT engineer even admitted that to me. I could not get more than 25 runs on a set without chuncking and blistering on my blown TD running north of 230 mph. Since switching to Hoosier, first the c1500 then the c1550 I havent had any tire issues, plus they hold air Big Grin
 
Posts: 2371 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve…KNOWS!
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
The problem with the 3197 big bubba in TD is mostly on cars running 225 mph in the 1/4 mile, MT engineer even admitted that to me. I could not get more than 25 runs on a set without chuncking and blistering on my blown TD running north of 230 mph. Since switching to Hoosier, first the c1500 then the c1550 I havent had any tire issues, plus they hold air Big Grin


Look, it's not just one thing. I am not saying there aren't issues as you are seeing either. You obviously aren't taking bracket racing with your deal, Look at TAD, Hoosier aren't allowed on the A fuel cars and GY's chunk too with these combos. At your speeds/HP levels, parts just don't last that long... I have also stated this many times, Hoosier makes a good tire too...

As for your typical bracket dragster, the 34.5 hoosier is a terrible match for this combo, tire shake in the burnout and more issues down track. The Big and Small Bubbas rule. I hear that Hoosier has another tire out that cures the burnout issues, if so that's great for all racers, competition is a good thing.

Either way, good luck with your fast dragster combo!
 
Posts: 2123 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
The problem with the 3197 big bubba in TD is mostly on cars running 225 mph in the 1/4 mile, MT engineer even admitted that to me. I could not get more than 25 runs on a set without chuncking and blistering on my blown TD running north of 230 mph. Since switching to Hoosier, first the c1500 then the c1550 I havent had any tire issues, plus they hold air Big Grin


Look, it's not just one thing. I am not saying there aren't issues as you are seeing either. You obviously aren't taking bracket racing with your deal, Look at TAD, Hoosier aren't allowed on the A fuel cars and GY's chunk too with these combos. At your speeds/HP levels, parts just don't last that long... I have also stated this many times, Hoosier makes a good tire too...

As for your typical bracket dragster, the 34.5 hoosier is a terrible match for this combo, tire shake in the burnout and more issues down track. The Big and Small Bubbas rule. I hear that Hoosier has another tire out that cures the burnout issues, if so that's great for all racers, competition is a good thing.

Either way, good luck with your fast dragster combo!


What's this new Hoosier tire that fixes the issue's? I am pretty curious honestly... We run the Little Bubba now and absolutely love them, but always willing to try new things.. But not looking for a 35" tall tire either.


Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3
 
Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
C1550 but on the typical bracket dragster the BR3 is just as good.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
C1550 but on the typical bracket dragster the BR3 is just as good.


and out of curiosity, what's the p/n of that tire?


Michael Frizie
ET 2471
 
Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
The problem with the 3197 big bubba in TD is mostly on cars running 225 mph in the 1/4 mile, MT engineer even admitted that to me. I could not get more than 25 runs on a set without chuncking and blistering on my blown TD running north of 230 mph. Since switching to Hoosier, first the c1500 then the c1550 I havent had any tire issues, plus they hold air Big Grin


I have a medium-ish dragster, but i’m curious how many runs are you guys trying to get out of tires that you are running 6.10 at 230 mph with? Those speeds seem like something that would really stress any tire and i’m not sure how many runs i’d want to make on the same set.


The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!
 
Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
18770C1550
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
The problem with the 3197 big bubba in TD is mostly on cars running 225 mph in the 1/4 mile, MT engineer even admitted that to me. I could not get more than 25 runs on a set without chuncking and blistering on my blown TD running north of 230 mph. Since switching to Hoosier, first the c1500 then the c1550 I havent had any tire issues, plus they hold air Big Grin


I have a medium-ish dragster, but i’m curious how many runs are you guys trying to get out of tires that you are running 6.10 at 230 mph with? Those speeds seem like something that would really stress any tire and i’m not sure how many runs i’d want to make on the same set.


As far as the Hoosiers go 75-100 runs would be very reasonable IMO. Last year I took off a perfectly good set of 50 run c1500s and put on c1550s for the indy trip. I heard Rusty Baxter once ran his c1500s until the cords were showing and would not hold air but you would have to ask him if its true or not.

I know of a deep pocket very fast Pro Charged TD racer that told me he put 6 pairs of MT3197s on his car last season. He said he has a BOGO deal with MT and does not want to change.
 
Posts: 2371 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as the Hoosiers go 75-100 runs would be very reasonable IMO. Last year I took off a perfectly good set of 50 run c1500s and put on c1550s for the indy trip. I heard Rusty Baxter once ran his c1500s until the cords were showing and would not hold air but you would have to ask him if its true or not.

I know of a deep pocket very fast Pro Charged TD racer that told me he put 6 pairs of MT3197s on his car last season. He said he has a BOGO deal with MT and doe

steve
you saw my 3197 at indy with the huge bubbles in them...then when the tire cooled down they went away. that was 75 passes but only 25 where over 230mph
 
Posts: 1422 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

steve
you saw my 3197 at indy with the huge bubbles in them...then when the tire cooled down they went away. that was 75 passes but only 25 where over 230mph


Just curious, what tires are you putting on for this season?
 
Posts: 2371 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2024