DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Elmo truck mini review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elmo truck mini review
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted
I’m sure someone will buy this. No doubt, the beast will be at your track in 2024.

https://youtu.be/XxOh12Uhg08

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good intro video. SL needs one of these.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I expecting something a little more red and fuzzy.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When I saw the video was 41 minutes I turned it off, I have better things to waste 41 minutes on

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ Agreed, but being retired, and winter here, between shoveling snow, I had 41 minutes to waste.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a good review, answered alot of questions about it’s performance and features. I had 41 minutes to get informed, I wouldn’t buy it if you gave it to me I’d sell it but the video was interesting. I think 100k is OK For the billionaires who have to have One of everything.

HMMMM

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just skimmed through vidio what fugin fugly pile of sheet metal lots of cool features but 100k no way

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 407 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Cool video, not really my style.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have them running around in Vegas already.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if any of you are automotive engineers, but watching this with the entire Elmo design team, sure shows some next level engineering.
https://youtu.be/J5zDNaY1fvI?si=B9pyNu9seOH9K8ZH

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Guess vould be uglier just not sure how. Maybe great engineering but the design department not so much.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm an engineer supplying the automakers with some parts for EV's.(Technically running manufacturing now) Detroit REALLY overestimated the demand for EV's. With virtually no IC retooling planned or happening, they are painting themselves into an EV corner. When the EV's don't sell, their overall revenue will fall because there isn't IC sales to be had. We have been pushed WAAAAAY out on one of the EV projects. The others haven't really gotten on their feet.

As far as the technology, the big three and suppliers are all getting more nimble and using not only rapid prototyping, but also rapid manufacturing. The big three of course are big ships that are slow to turn. The are well invested in proven technology and will take a minute to migrate. The problems in detroit aren't really in engineering and manufacturing. They are in marketing and design.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Right now there is nothing better on an electric car than gas vehicle. Until they build a better car at a competitive price it will not sell many. In fact many of electric car sales right now are simply those virtue signalling like they are doing something good.

For an Electric to beat out gas and diesel power they have to have similar range, price, comfort, safety and convenience.
Right now you can not get in an electric car and drive 2000 miles only stopping for gas and quick breaks. Once something came up and I had to make a run to Las Vegas right then. I drove 2500 miles in 48 hours. That same trip in an electric car would have took WEEKS.

Then you add in up front cost they are charging way more than the electric car is worth. 4 years down the road you may need a $15,000 to $30,000 battery? And what about electric motors, they are durable but they will not last forever. How much are those going to cost?

Right now the biggest problem is Convenience. It takes forever to charge them, short range and not many places to charge them. I do not know if they will ever have the technology to fully charge in 10 minutes and have another 400 mile range like a gas or diesel powered vehicle. Until they do in my opinion an electric car is a waste and not good for anything except local short commutes.
So you would still need a traditional car or truck for any long distance or towing. Electric cars are too expensive as is but now you need two cars instead of one if you have electric because of limitations. Just does not make any sense.

And a final thing is so many of the Liberals pushing electric cars act like it will save the World. It will do nothing. It still takes about same amount of energy and materials to build an electric car as it does gas. And the energy that comes from electricity is not cheap and that electricity is created by burning gas and coal and other sources. So do not act like you are saving the environment driving an electric car while the electric plant is burning coal for that electricity.

One other thing is I think the Government is pushing Electric cars so they can control us better. It limits our freedom and they can turn off your freedom with a switch. My truck and trailer weigh about 23,000 Lbs. What kind of electric truck could replace it? And I think my truck would get about 1000 miles when tanks are full and it will run 80 all day long.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post