DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    S10 Ladder Bar Kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S10 Ladder Bar Kit
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted
Who’s ladder bar kit is the best and why ?

Newer style s10, bracket sbc 6.2-3s et

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hammer, I like a ladder bar and have installed several sets. Any of the mainline manufacturers will be fine. Your s-10 will work well with a standard length, standard duty kit. You do want the kit that has adjusters on the lower bar. I suggest installing the bars about 2 degrees down and with a slight preload on the right side. Also, in my experience, an anti-roll bar helps any combination.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Can I ask why you ruled out a 4 link? We have both and the ladder bar car hits the tire so much harder than the 4 link car.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Adding this food for thought.

At the performance level, Mr. Hammer described a ladder bar system is completely acceptable. It will provide consistent performance with a very minimum of attention. Once the system is properly installed it usually requires no "fiddling" and will be a good workhorse for many seasons. Besides, it is the simplest to install and setup. Many, many races are won with a ladder bar system.

This is not to take away from a four-link because the four-link does offer more tuning options. However, many times the tuning options are not fully utilized.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
Can I ask why you ruled out a 4 link? We have both and the ladder bar car hits the tire so much harder than the 4 link car.

Its all about set up..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1400 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I would look at S&W kits for the s-10 and i would also go 4 link.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1400 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
The best ladder bar kit is a 4 link.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The man wants a ladder bar system.

Decide if a 32 inch bar is what you need or will a 36 in bar do better. I'm sure any manufacturer will do but, as Brian said consult with S7W at the very least.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
I installed a s&w ladder bar back half on a s10 years ago and it worked great.
As far as the ladder bar vs 4 link goes i will say i have a buddy with a ladder bar chevy 11 that goes 5.30's and you wont find a more consistent car.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
S&W is great to work with. I have also worked with Applied Racing Tech and Chassis Engineering.

I'm building a car using Chassis Engineer outlaw bars, S&W frame rails and ART fab rear end housing.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1leg,

I have looked at that Chassis Engineering outlaw bar set up several times and I think it is a good option. The next ladder bar installation I do I may try one.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We used the S&W rear frame kit with four-link. Everything fit perfect. We did find the S10 left better and more consistent when we unhooked the anti-roll bar. Not sure why, maybe we are too low on horsepower and needed the truck to move more. Not sure but it is better without it and probably not fast enough to require one. runs 6.40s / 1.45 60' and prints. Won second weekend out.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
ART - Applied Racing Technology

3200 lbs sbc 10 x 28 bias

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post