Find
Notify
Tools

Crew Chief Text
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted
I have had good luck using the CC software and the text program with a Gmail account...just have to make sure the "less secure apps" setting is right. Seen that in May google will not longer allow the "less secure apps" so tried setting up a new email using the instructions...MSN and LIVE not available so used hotmail through the msn website and made my changes to crew chief pro. It will say it's sending the text for a while then give me the text failure message (usually with a bad email/password it will come right up)...if I change email setting to "1" from 2 it says text sent to phone but text never shows up. If I change the SMTP port from "25" to "465 or 587" it will still give the error message after a minute or so of saying "sending text". If I go back to gmail it works. I made sure to add the email to my contacts...something else I'm missing?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NEMO963,

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 314 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
You need to have internet in your trailer but Steve jr just uses team viewer or something like it, he logs in to the trailer computer with his phone and can look at anything he wants on the computer. Also brings a laptop to the lanes to make last minute grid changes

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Let me know what you figure out please…. Have you spoken with Don?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
I had not yet, was just updating my software today, wanted to test it to make sure it worked, when I went in to set the less trusted programs” tab I seen Google was getting rid of it in May so started working on another program.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 314 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I use Team Viewer all the time for remote computer repairs. You can send and receive files with the greatest of ease. Secure connection. Home version, non commercial. Is free. See what Don says too.
As long as you have an internet provision... I have never trusted Email handlers. Like a VPN. Do you really know where your *** is going? NO.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
Internet connectivity at remote locations causes headaches for us at Crew Chief Pro Software.

There isn't any easy, permanent fixes that I've found at some tracks.

When you use a gMail account through google you will have to verify security questions the first time you use it at a new location. Allow less secure apps is required, as is answering the Security Warning emails that arrive on your Inbox. Failure to answer these quickly will cause the Allow Less Secure Apps to be turned off as well.

We are trying to stay away from pay-per-use messaging services if possible, but the future may require it.

I spend quite a bit of time testing different code blocks to speed the response time and simplify this feature because I use it all the time as well. It is frustrating at some tracks like Gainesville, where internet works, but is very slow. What happens is the message goes out, but gets stuck in la la land, then the text message never gets sent, or arrives much later.

We included helpful information in the HELP Menu of Crew Chief Pro in order to show you step by step procedures to rectify the gMail issues.

We have also investigated Team Viewer and other similar services. It is a cool feature if the internet is solid.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1386 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post