New
Find
Notify
Tools

fuel prices....
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Everybody is talking about insane fuel prices but I just bought a couple cases of race oil !!!
Of course oil will go up like fuel, but still Eek
Better take the truck down and fill it now. Diesel might be $10 a gallon by Spring Fling time lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4525 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How many topics do we need about fuel prices. Didn't think of that

They are what they are. Nothing you can do about it except to park your shyt.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It’s fine will fell good that the race cars gas is cheaper for once

Posts: 415 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm in the middle of changing my digger over to EFI and think I'll order a set of 160lb injectors also so I can switch over to alcohol as long as I'm changing things...
I'm already using synthetic grease, gear oil and atf. Running alky I'll be a poster child for racing into the 21st century.

OH WAIT.....aren't tires made from petroleum?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4525 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Do I like it? No. Will it bankrupt me? No. Will I continue to race? Yes

I look at it like this, if I break something on my car I am going pay the price to fix it to keep racing. The cost to get to the track is no different. Either I pay the price or park it

Posts: 2523 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What setup are you going to use Dave.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Steve…knows

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Do I like it? No. Will it bankrupt me? No. Will I continue to race? Yes

I look at it like this, if I break something on my car I am going pay the price to fix it to keep racing. The cost to get to the track is no different. Either I pay the price or park it

I'm not agonizing about the cost, just making light of the situation we all find ourselves in right now. EVERYTHING has, and is, going up almost daily. As you said nothing we can do but pay it or park it. I chose to make fun of it. It would take an insane increase of prices before I wouldn't race the little bit I can, because of losing all our racetracks.
Now I do feel for the very active racers around the country. If it's the bracket racer that races 2-3 a week at his local tracks or the PRO teams that crisscross all over the country. I imagine they don't think this shyt is the least bit humorous....

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Yeah I'm in the middle of changing my digger over to EFI and think I'll order a set of 160lb injectors also so I can switch over to alcohol as long as I'm changing things...
I'm already using synthetic grease, gear oil and atf. Running alky I'll be a poster child for racing into the 21st century.

OH WAIT.....aren't tires made from petroleum?

I found that I use much less fuel with the efi. Never burns my eyes in the shop now.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I'm parking it. I refuse to pay these prices. I race for fun not professionally. It will drop again.

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's kind of working out well for us. Our local track is having somewhat of a rebirth. I want to support it anyhow. May as well spend my money there instead of additional fuel for travel. Yes methanol has gone up, but that won't be a significant hit for us at only a couple barrels a season.
All the other things in life getting more expensive on the other hand is certainly affecting our fun budget.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My fuel costs hardly changed. Methanol at the track was $178 a barrel last year, $181 this year....converting to alky was one of the best things I've done with my program

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1520 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I found that I use much less fuel with the efi. Never burns my eyes in the shop now.

Agreed, compared to MFI, EFI improves methanol fuel regulation at every rpm level.

Posts: 2633 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I converted to alky in the early 2000's and never looked back however my dual toilets are a little archaic compared to an EFI system. Too late in the game to change to EFI. It runs and alky is still cheaper than race fuel.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1356 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have no plans to "park it", but I might intentionally take a couple of weekends off. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I have no plans to "park it", but I might intentionally take a couple of weekends off. Take care. Tom Worthington

Going to KDS this weekend??

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:

Going to KDS this weekend??

Looking at the forecast, probably not. The last thing I want to do is drive out there and not race. Frown I may run at Nahunta on Sunday, though. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post