DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster in dash switch panel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Dragster in dash switch panel
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
posted
Im looking at new ones and cant decide... Ive always used digital delay switches with zero issues but I have been thinking about something different. Ive been looking at a speedwire setup or something similar. Has anyone on here have any experience with it or something similar? any pics?

I was thinking about the fueltech switch setup but have ruled it out


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1526 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
J.R. what didn't you like about the Fuel Tech setup?? We looked at it at PRI..I was concerned about being able to activate functions with gloves on as it seemed very compact..Share your thoughts?? Thanks
 
Posts: 229 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It uses outputs up outputs from the efi... i dont see a reason to have everything on the car go thru the efi anyway.


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1526 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Call me cheap, but I built my own using toggle switches and a Nitrous Dave's relay board. I can get replacement switches locally for about $2-5 a switch, and relays at any parts store. I've had this board and setup in my last two cars, since 2009, with ZERO failures or replacements needed. I switch the ground sides of the relays by the way. Granted, not as nice as a switch panel, but fancy doesn't get you down the track any faster....and you can put covers on the toggles and get faceplates that look really nice if you want....

Just a thought.


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 1501 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like the Speedwire 500 amp master power solenoid. I believe one of there switch panels has the master shut off on the panel. 2000 amp rated 500 amp continuous.

https://speedwiresystems.com/l...emote-relay-shut-off

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4051 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I decided on the digital delay switch panel on my current build, but if I did it again I may choose the fuel tech over it
 
Posts: 808 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
K&R for me
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1526 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
J.R. you might look at what Racewire offers also.

https://racewiresolutions.goda...full-vehicle-systems



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2971 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
built my own using toggle switches and a Nitrous Dave's relay board

do this so the switches are custom to my needs.


Larry Woodfin



 
Posts: 1838 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've installed two kits both digital delay absolutely no complaints and definitely speeds things up. As a few others have said I prefer to build my own serviceable board so I end up with exactly what I need.


Denis LeBlanc

 
Posts: 474 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
J.R. you might look at what Racewire offers also.

https://racewiresolutions.goda...full-vehicle-systems


Thanks, i have been emailing with ‘em and speedwire


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1526 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I like DD Elite Mega Dial switch panel because two switches can be set multi-function. Same with tying the Fuel Pump On/Off switch to the Ignition On.

I do not want a digital display as the Only control of the switch panel. I do want an ECU with display that can be programmed to automatically control all the pump/ fans toggle switch functions when the ignition is switched On and engine running. The Display only controls the over-ride of the ECU auto mode for switches. This way auto control always active from power-up… nothing to switch. Turn ignition ON, start engine and GO.

Did FuelTech have their new FT700 and 12” PLUS at the PRI show?
 
Posts: 2493 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Factory GM fuse box here, factory key start. Smile
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I like DD Elite Mega Dial switch panel because two switches can be set multi-function. Same with tying the Fuel Pump On/Off switch to the Ignition On.

I do not want a digital display as the Only control of the switch panel. I do want an ECU with display that can be programmed to automatically control all the pump/ fans toggle switch functions when the ignition is switched On and engine running. The Display only controls the over-ride of the ECU auto mode for switches. This way auto control always active from power-up… nothing to switch. Turn ignition ON, start engine and GO.

Did FuelTech have their new FT700 and 12” PLUS at the PRI show?


That’s essentially what I am doing. I will program in temperature parameters in the fuel tech 550 to automatically turn on water pump or pump and fan at certain temperatures, but I will still have manual switches on my digital delay switch panel

I believe fuel tech had the 12” ft700 at PRI. Too pricy for me, but it looks awesome
 
Posts: 808 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I like DD Elite Mega Dial switch panel because two switches can be set multi-function. Same with tying the Fuel Pump On/Off switch to the Ignition On.

I do not want a digital display as the Only control of the switch panel. I do want an ECU with display that can be programmed to automatically control all the pump/ fans toggle switch functions when the ignition is switched On and engine running. The Display only controls the over-ride of the ECU auto mode for switches. This way auto control always active from power-up… nothing to switch. Turn ignition ON, start engine and GO.

Did FuelTech have their new FT700 and 12” PLUS at the PRI show?


That’s essentially what I am doing. I will program in temperature parameters in the fuel tech 550 to automatically turn on water pump or pump and fan at certain temperatures, but I will still have manual switches on my digital delay switch panel

I believe fuel tech had the 12” ft700 at PRI. Too pricy for me, but it looks awesome


That 700 looks very nice for sure


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
 
Posts: 1526 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My car is a hundred years old but I put a Trick Cable and Switch panel in it. Not one issue except for rocks getting in it. I fixed that with a piece of aluminum angle over it. They will build you a custom one for in dash or roll cage mount.


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
 
Posts: 5318 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That 700 looks very nice for sure


I watched the Youtube presentation to FT 700 last week and want to download the programming software to learn how to use it offline when it becomes available. The increased display size from the 600 and wifi integration with your cell, tablet or laptop make it very appealing. I wish I could have gone to the PRI show to see FT700 first hand prior to its retail release. I’m sure they will be in big demand at that time.

A Holley 6.86 ProDash and HP will cost you 70% of what the FT700 estimate retails for. If you were to choose Dominator instead of HP the prices would be equal.

FT 700
 
Posts: 2493 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
My car is a hundred years old but I put a Trick Cable and Switch panel in it. Not one issue except for rocks getting in it. I fixed that with a piece of aluminum angle over it. They will build you a custom one for in dash or roll cage mount.


I looked at those, and now when you click on the link it takes you to racewire solutions.....


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 1501 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster in dash switch panel

© DragRaceResults.com 2024