DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Pro tree advice? Any experts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro tree advice? Any experts?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
I put together a 5.50 index car.Its a stock body 2007 Z06 corvette with an F1X12 procharger and powerglide trans with a pro brake.It has a 10 point cage in it but the suspension is stock with the exception of JRI double adjustable shocks and hypertech springs.Weighs 3300lbs and running the mickey thompson 275 60 15 pro street radials on the rear.
I spent this season playing around with timing curves and jri really helped me out revalving the front shocks so i had better weight transfer.
Im pulling 19 degrees of timing on the hit and leaving at 1900rpm.With this plugged in the car 60 foots really nice and the car has become very consistent.
Problem is i cant cut a light.The trans brake button is on the side of the shifter so im using my thumb on it..but ive been averaging lights in the .170 to .225 range and if i try and push the tree hard i get alot of LBTA.
Needing advice if its the car or me and how do i fix it!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
put my son in it and you'll know in 2 hits Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
put my son in it and you'll know in 2 hits

to be honest ed that would definitely be one way to convict or acquit me!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Why not move the button to a location more natural to you like the steering wheel

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not move the button to a location more natural to you like the steering wheel

Definitely worth a shot!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's definitely the car. Put slicks on it and give it power out of the gate.

Or put some radial tire shocks on the back, to give it power out of the gate.

Radial tire shocks

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:

Im pulling 19 degrees of timing on the hit and leaving at 1900rpm.With this plugged in the car 60 foots really nice and the car has become very consistent.
Problem is i cant cut a light.The trans brake button is on the side of the shifter so im using my thumb on it..but ive been averaging lights in the .170 to .225 range and if i try and push the tree hard i get alot of LBTA.
Needing advice if its the car or me and how do i fix it!!

It is amazing your lights are that good on a 5.50 car leaving at ONLY 1900 RPM and pulling 19* of timing out! Wow! Bring the RPM up and give it some timing problem resolved.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4014 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3300 lbs on a small tire, it's the wrong car for any 370 or 400 pro tree class, up against lightweight cars 2400, 2500, 2600 lbs on big tires, hammer down leaving on the deck 4400 rpm plus.

There's only a handful of us with the drag racing abilities, to do it at that weight, staged shallow.

It'll take real drag racing skills.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
To hit a Pro tree in my 3600# small tire (28x10 slicks) car, I have to launch at 4600 RPM, with all timing in and rear shocks way stiff.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
When I ran my A arm 2x3 Camaro in Super Gas, I launched at 4800 on a TRUE .370 tree and carried .005-.008 in the box. This was a 1100 hp 618 and the car weighed 3000 lbs with me in it. The best thing I did for that car running S/G was change out the 26" front to a 25".

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
When I ran my A arm 2x3 Camaro in Super Gas, I launched at 4800 on a TRUE .370 tree and carried .005-.008 in the box. This was a 1100 hp 618 and the car weighed 3000 lbs with me in it. The best thing I did for that car running S/G was change out the 26" front to a 25".

This was Seattle Nat event with .008 in the box. Perfect first round and knew I had AK second round so like a DumbA$$ I left the box alone and went .003 red.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This was Seattle Nat event with .008 in the box. Perfect first round and knew I had AK second round so like a DumbA$$ I left the box alone and went .003 red.

-.003 red, you deserve to lose, but not as bad as you do .032, .047 or .026 green, going 150 mph plus. 370 pro tree ain't that big a deal.

I wouldn't worry about it.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard they have been racing 34 miles from your house since Wednesday for $50k to win each day but Wednesday and you, the internet forums self proclaimed best bracket racer with the world's best small tire, triple chrome plated bumper POS is here rather than racing, trying to sell your rudimentary skills to the naïve and clueless that looked to forums for opinions that align with what they have already decided to do.

No one here is surprised! Laughing very hard Loser Mike Rietow

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

-.003 red, you deserve to lose, but not as bad as you do .032, .047 or .026 green, going 150 mph plus. 370 pro tree ain't that big a deal.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One question: Are you working with a .500 Pro Tree or a .400 Pro Tree? If it's a .400 you will need to change several things.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If my skills are rudimentary, where's that leave you nazi milk T I T S Ed?

You can't do anything I can, and do, and have done for 25 years without fail.

I'm sure one one these days I'll bolt something together on a race car and it will fail, but not today.

You on the other hand have others like me, who do have drag racing skills other than letting go of a button when a light comes on, while you hang out on internet forums pretending you know something.

Well, we all know you know nothing, and that's why do nothing other than buy crate engines , transmissions and rearends.

In my neighborhood that's called a wannabe drag racer.

I do it all precious, well. That's why my skills are in demand. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you don't have a clue as to what I know, what I can do!

The FACTS and the TRUTH are I chose to pay professionals to build my engines, transmissions an cars because I can NahNahTounge just as the vast majority of serious brackets posting here do along with 10s of thousands all across the country. Another fact is that we won't find one competitor at Bradenton racing today that has a trans no mind an engine assembled by you! Spitting

More FACTS and the TRUTH...you are you are a liar, a fraud who's performance claims are just that, baseless unproven claims posted by a self proclaimed internet forum expert who's only reason for posting here is to prey on the naïve, misinformed and clueless in an attempt to sell parts and services of which you fail to do miserably here.

The fact remains, they have been racing 34 miles from your house since Wednesday and you ain't there this year, no different than last year, the year before that, the year before that, yada, yada, yada.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The top photo is Strange Engineering pattern on the new gear.

The bottom photo is the gear I setup a few weeks ago in the 71 split bumper Camaro.

We know what you can do, nothing. That's why you do nothing.

Know nothing, do nothing Dork. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it, they're in the process of getting rid of the one remaining track official in the tower, involved in the con.

So a return to Bradenton may be sooner than you may think.

There's only one left.

The new track manager is publicly saying it would've never happened, were he there.

Him saying that publicly has been bad for every official who was there, except one. Looks like it will be though, soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
Two massive egos collide! Both spending their days reminding all of how great they are.

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post