DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Alta-lab trailer connector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alta-lab trailer connector
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Wondering if anyone has used the Alta lab trailer connector. I would like to use one to be able to put the mast with the weather station on the drivers wall and the laptop inside, but would like to see how it installs and see if anyone has any feedback, if I can hook it up without stringing wires out the pass side door I would like to. Pictures would be awesome if anyone has one

Posts: 216 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Scott, I purchased just the connectors from them and will install in a few weeks

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I dont have any pics of it, but I have seen a few trailers that had 2 exterior GFI covers mounted back to back, on the curb side wall. Connector passed thru to the mast that way. Single flap style GFI weatherproof covers.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Decided not to use it. It's expensive for what it is. The parts are available to make you own way cheaper from McMaster-Carr. I use a white vertical GFI cover on the curb side wall. Since I already had to make a hole in my new trailer (shudder) I just pass the cables through and the cover closes over it. Works fine.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post