DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster Shock Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster Shock Recommendation
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I currently have Koni 8212-1123spa1 7” stroke shocks on my Undercover dragster that has the shocks behind the rear end. Car goes 4.70/7.40s.

I believe that one or both of these is compromised and it’s time for a new pair as these are quite old anyway.

The same shocks that I have are still available and I could just get the same thing as my car has always been quite good. But, this may also be “old tech” and is there something newer/better out there? If you were going to put new shocks on a 4 link what would you put on it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 183N,

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I just switched from the original Strange to Afco Big Guns on my 2006 M&M car a couple races ago.

I've only run Super Comp and my throttle stop impacts the 60', so it's really tough to say with any certainty. But it seems like it has been tighter since the swap.

I called M&M to have them send me what they are putting on the new cars. I know that with Undercover, you don't have that option.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I'd deal directly with Penske. Most all new dragster managers use them and he (Eric Davis) is at the big events just about every weekend. He has been instrumental in getting all the newer faster cars down the track more consistently.

You can contact him at Penske Racing Shocks Midwest - 517-592-6681

Posts: 2140 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Call Dave at competitive suspension

I would go with the Penske 7500 or JRI sportsman. If you want to spend a little more money then the Penske 8300 or JRI ST-08 are the steps above

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
OHLIN….

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post