DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Top Dragster ProCharger Engine: After race and End of Season Processes?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Dragster ProCharger Engine: After race and End of Season Processes?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
As a "Newby" to running methanol in a BBC ProCharger engine. What are your end of race and end of season processes for ensure that there is no corrosion, etc. in the time between races.

Thanks...

DG

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Paging Greg Kelly!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
foggitt oil,drain carb and lube ,back valves off.ect.or send to machine shop for rebuild

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea, just get the methanol out of everything. I run mine on gas for a bit but i'm efi.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
get the methanol out of everything. I run mine on gas for a bit but I'm efi.

EFI is easy to switch back and forth from methanol to gas. If mechanical fuel pump, run it with a hand drill to purge. Load the proper fuel map and run.

Posts: 2466 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Whatever Pro Charger recommends, do it but after any race you should put the car in the trailer hot! After your done racing the worst thing you can do is let the car sit and cool off then start it up and drive it the trailer on alky! Alky is a magnet for water. At the end of the season, as stated above, warm it up, 180 min, fog it and back off the rockers if you aren't freshening it.

If you can run gas through it, even better!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
Yea, just get the methanol out of everything. I run mine on gas for a bit but i'm efi.

Do you have a slick way of switching?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post