DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dominator 4500 throttle shaft bushings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dominator 4500 throttle shaft bushings
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
My junk is getting pretty sloppy. Before I tear it apart to figure what bushings I need to get. Does anyone know the od of a 4500 throttle shaft?

Posts: 559 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2x4b4fun
posted Hide Post
Measuring an old 4500 shaft that I replaced with a BLP kit I get .496 - .500.

Posts: 7 | Location: Knoxville | Registered: July 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
1450 and larger are different size I do believe. Just throwing it out there just in case.

Posts: 390 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thank you guys, this is a 1250. Eyeballing the shaft it looks to be .500”.

Posts: 559 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BLP (800) 624-1358 or Brasswell (216) 723-5688 will have the bushings you are looking for.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
Older Dominators have bushings, BLP should have some. Make sure it isn't the shafts that are worn. If they are internal linkage I would replace them anyway, BLP sell external linkage shafts as well.

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post