DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Beadlock conversion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beadlock conversion
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I've been considering having my current set of alumastar wheels converted to beadlocks. I see a few places do it, RC, Macfab, couple others.

Anyone have theirs converted? Happy with the results?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: I Hate Dragsters,

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 sets done and Dewzen had the best customer service of the 3 sets I had done and is also only set I was happy with

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I had Dewzen do mine and they are very good to deal with.

I only did it to be able to try the tires that need to be on bead lock rims.

Was a waste of time and $ and the wheels are much more difficult to mount on the car for one person, ME. My arms take a beating from the rings.

The inner rings barely clear the brake calipers.

The tire swap netted nothing other than a little more ground clearance from a taller, narrower tire.

Maybe a faster car would show a plus but not on my car

If anything it was a negative. Lost MPH.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rradracer:
I have had 3 sets done and Dewzen had the best customer service of the 3 sets I had done and is also only set I was happy with

Where were the other two sets done??

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Exstreme fab and coxlocks

Posts: 25 | Location: Iowa | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my dewzen beadlocks.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
I've been considering having my current set of alumastar wheels converted to beadlocks. I see a few places do it, RC, Macfab, couple others.

Anyone have theirs converted? Happy with the results?

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...912/m/4737060386/p/1

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had mine done at extreme fab in conn he did mine while I waited. I have nothing bad to say about bruce

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Had mine done by Weld about 5/6 years ago. Came back like new rims! Best thing I ever did as mounting new tires is much eaiser now!

Rich

If you lost MPH, its likely the different tire rather than the rim, on a 7.40 dragster we tested the beadlocks vs non with 33.5 hoosiers, identical time slips.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Had mine done by Weld about 5/6 years ago. Came back like new rims! Best thing I ever did as mounting new tires is much eaiser now!

Rich

If you lost MPH, its likely the different tire rather than the rim, on a 7.40 dragster we tested the beadlocks vs non with 33.5 hoosiers, identical time slips.

Yes I know Al. I Never did a back to back A/B/A test but felt my car didn’t like the taller tires.

M/T 3183 non beadlocks
M/T 3191w w/ beadlocks

Motor may have been part of it as well but nothing was obvious there after checking it over.

Lost 2-3mph on average.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Weld did mine...They look better than new with all new tags on them. My wheels were only looking OK when I sent them in.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like I have a couple additional options to research. Ballpark what kind of pricing where you guys looking at? These are 16x16s.

SCDiv1 - I had a 3183, non beadlock, on my car and put a set of 3191w with beadlocks I borrowed. At the time I had a different combo which ran mid 5.0s with the 3183. The 3191w and beadlocks I was usually in the 5.10-5.15 range and down 2 or so mph. 3191w ran the same with or without beadlocks

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Holeshot wheels in Florida has done a couple sets for me,I'm happy with them.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
my buddy had some done at macfab last week. they are fairly local to us so he took them to macfab and the guy told him to come back in an hour and half and they were done. they look really good and fit around calipers with no problems.

if i were to have any done, personally i would get macfab to do them. but again they are fairly close so shipping is not an issue.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:

Rich

Yes I know Al. I Never did a back to back A/B/A test but felt my car didn’t like the taller tires.

M/T 3183 non beadlocks
M/T 3191w w/ beadlocks

Motor may have been part of it as well but nothing was obvious there after checking it over.

Lost 2-3mph on average.

That swap is without a doubt slower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TOP38,

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have had MacFab do some for me. Always happy with results, cost and turnaround time. Even had them powder coat the barrels last time.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Call Frank or Scott at Neil and Parks!

They did ours and they are great!

https://neilparks.com/
https://neilparks.com/beadlocks.html

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In reality it's just who is closer to you, I used Holeshot because the 1st set was their wheels to start with so I thought they may care a little more, but he last was welds. I think Mac Fab is at Lights out and do them there in Feb?

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to drop them off and pick them up for sure, just to make sure i'm happy and all.

I think the closest to me is probably RC in bg.

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 sets done at MacFab and could not be happier. Customer service was great and they look fantastic.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post