Bracket Talk
Cam specs for TBS 250 Blower

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/3867036307

September 11, 2026, 05:39 AM
183N
Cam specs for TBS 250 Blower
We tried a set of zoomies last weekend and I was surprised that it picked it up a solid .06 and about 3 mph to the 1/8. 4.44@157 with the 35 pulley in not so great air.
September 11, 2026, 08:42 AM
B KING
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
We tried a set of zoomies last weekend and I was surprised that it picked it up a solid .06 and about 3 mph to the 1/8. 4.44@157 with the 35 pulley in not so great air.


Nice!

2BKING Smile

Relaxing


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
September 11, 2026, 10:31 AM
B KING
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
We tried a set of zoomies last weekend and I was surprised that it picked it up a solid .06 and about 3 mph to the 1/8. 4.44@157 with the 35 pulley in not so great air.


Nice!


The question is are you leaving them on? I would like to see/hear how they work for consistecy.

2BKING Smile


1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3100 lbs.
Pump Gas 436
September 11, 2026, 12:42 PM
Blake4128
What Cam is in it? your answer here...
Sounds perfect!
September 11, 2026, 01:32 PM
70 Mach 1
Very nice gain!
October 07, 2026, 11:56 AM
183N
We put the 31 pulley on with the zoomies for some testing this past weekend. She went a 6.734 @ 200.87 and a 6.722@201.30! 4.297@162.74 to the 1/8 with a 1.001 best 60’. Different timing curves with these runs and there was a pretty stiff head wind.

Very impressed with this combination. Never thought we’d see ETs like this, and there’s more to be had if we put the 29 upper and 67 lower on it. B King - we didn’t see any change in consistency with the zoomies. Jury is out if we run them all the time, they’re loud and fast and we were trying to keep it around 7.10-15 for regular Sunday bracket racing.

Here’s a video I made that I thought came out pretty good.
October 07, 2026, 03:40 PM
70 Mach 1
Very nice! Loved the video!
October 07, 2026, 06:44 PM
Thurston
Be careful with the 29/67 combo. You may want to calulate the blower speed with that combo. The 250 has it's RPM limits. I believe TBS told me 14,500 is pushing the limit. The safest way to run that combo is to lower your shift point.
October 08, 2026, 08:00 AM
183N
Thanks Thurston, I was wondering about that. We’re already turning it faster than that. Don’t really have any reason to go faster than it is now, probably won’t use the 29 and if we did it would be for 1/8th. I’ve heard they’re hard on belts with the 29 too. We have the same belt on it we started with, about 200 runs on it.