DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    engine height placement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

engine height placement
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
good morning I am in the process of laying out a new drive train for a S10 pick up truck small block chevy with a glide 4 link rear suspension. Customer has cut out all the stock mounting points on the chassis and alo the stock floor pan but it is being reinstalled. so I have nothing to reference motor will make about 650hp anyone have a s10 that culd give me some crank height measurements?

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
larry woodfin can help

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Depends on the ride height and engine location front to back.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
stock location as the firewall is not getting modified

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
A crude ruler measurement says I'm right at about 16" with a big block to the front mandrel center at ride height with a 27" tire. I made my own mounts and went with this height simply for hood clearance and header tube angles for the steering shaft. We made our own headers to fit.
Lotsa room under these things, we squeezed a big block with a Moroso 8" deep pan under a flat hood Big Grin

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I did move the center section of the firewall back about 2" and had to notch the crossmember a bit, probably about2" or so also.

Oil pan is flush with the crossmember.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I have my engine lowered as much as possible at the front. I'd love to raise the back end up more but header clearance under the floor restricts how much clearance I have. The goal would be to have the transmission tailshaft pointing at the diff pinion or if you want to be more specific, the crankshaft centerline should be pointing at the diff pinion.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1353 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post