DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What do ya like 4.5X n/a Undercover?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do ya like 4.5X n/a Undercover?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A 4.50s car shouldn’t be tearing shyt up. If it’s shaking and rattling the tires, you’ve got a car that is AFU, fix it!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
A 450 car tears **** up. Especially if it is rattling and shaking the tires. My differential guy says if your making clean passes you will get lots of runs without damage.

It goes 4.50's holding...

A couple tenths

It's a Florida thang Big Grin

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
A 4.50s car shouldn’t be tearing shyt up. If it’s shaking and rattling the tires, you’ve got a car that is AFU, fix it!

Is that your way of being noisy to how many laps it has survived? Confused

Or your way of suggesting spin buggy Hoosier tires? Big Grin

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
A 450 car tears **** up. Especially if it is rattling and shaking the tires. My differential guy says if your making clean passes you will get lots of runs without damage.

Not sure what 4.50 car you have or know of that tears xxxxx up, but that is not right. Find and fix the issue! No reason that combo can't go years without trouble. I'd look at the burnout area first as I just can't see how this combo would have issues during the launch! Hoosiers are noted to grab hard at the end of the burnout and shake! Shake of any kind kills gears, rear and trans.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It don't shake, it's a Undercover SR20 BBC with Penske's that don't leak, and big bubba tires beat the chit out of, plenty competitive.

The first clue the 9" ring saw lots of service, is the fact it was still in the car.

It's just now getting an update to a 9.5 ring.

I was just curious what brand ya'll liked / thought was decent.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just waiting on parts to arrive, I'm gonna do a Sonnax Extreme 1.69 low gear as well.

We really don't want the front half any quicker, the middle to back half yes, front no.

Dinged up the pinion bearing, but other than that, nothing catastrophic.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
MW Pro Stock 3rd member with aluminum spool in both my dragster and Firebird, both rebuilt with new Richmond R&P 3 seasons ago after north of 700 passes each. Both have 400-500 passes now, bathe in 2 quarts of Mobil 1 75W-90 synthetic gear oil which is all I have used for over 30 years in my race cars starting with my Chevelle’s 12 bolt posi rear.

Same in my cars, mine look brand new after 15 years of going 4.5x or quicker

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1087 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:

75w90 gear oil?

What is it? Is it a 9.5" ring?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, 1.69 and it also creates less drop in the shift. Along with 9.5 ring gear both new changes are great choices. PLUS you are where you can get the car out this next weekend and lay down some passes. Up north we can only feel cold weather and maybe snow. Mike you are geten er done. You are also getting my envy as I live in the 4-5 month cold and crummy. Dumb on my part. Where as you live where, no snow blowers, no salt on the roads, no ice, etc and smart on your part.

Posts: 321 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Mike, 1.69 and it also creates less drop in the shift. Along with 9.5 ring gear both new changes are great choices. PLUS you are where you can get the car out this next weekend and lay down some passes. Up north we can only feel cold weather and maybe snow. Mike you are geten er done. You are also getting my envy as I live in the 4-5 month cold and crummy. Dumb on my part. Where as you live where, no snow blowers, no salt on the roads, no ice, etc and smart on your part.

Come on down, lots of freedom here in Florida too.

Our Governor works for us, not the other way around.

Everyone is moving here, booming economically.

I took a 454 steel crank I picked up at a garage sale to the local crank grinder, he said I'll have it back to you in a month.

You're not a crank guy by chance, are ya? Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

75w90 gear oil?

75W140 AMSOIL

9" GEAR

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1087 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

75w90 gear oil?

75W140 AMSOIL

9" GEAR

Strange Engineering spec gear oil on these is 85w140.

I have three quarts of GL5 Hi-Performance Valvoline for it.

Looks I gotta trim the solid pinion spacer in the am, for correct pinion bearing pre-load.

Hopefully I can find a big pinion spacer local with shims for setup, in order trim, and use the solid spacer.

Definitely not using a shim spacer permanent.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Need a Strange N1919 for pinion bearing pre-load setup, in order to determine how much gets trimmed off, on the solid pinion bear spacer in play.

I went with Summit because their photo of the part# N1919 was closer than JEGS. JEGS had an image of shocks for part # N1919

We used to be able to buy these items local at ART.

Amazon is taking everyone out. I could've got it there, but it was 7-10 days and more than double the cost. Once Amazon takes everyone else out, that's how they'll be .... Double $$$.

Hopefully Summit sends the correct Strange Engineering item.

This solid pinion spacer has never been trimmed, how they got correct pinion bearing pre-load on previous gear set-ups, is beyond me. Luck maybe, but I doubt it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've seen lots of memes & debates of how words have meanings lately, but this is taking it to all new low. Big Grin

Hopefully they figure out a Strange Engineering part# N1919, isn't a carrier bearing, by the time they ship it.

I tried to get the phone order taker at Summit to look at the N1919 image on Amazon, but that only ticked him off LoL!

I have my doubts about this for obvious reasons.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Tire shake breaks rear ends, transmissions and more.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
retard they have been racing 34 miles from your house since Wednesday for $50k to win each day but Wednesday and you, the internet forums self proclaimed best bracket racer with the world's best small tire, triple chrome plated bumper POS is here rather than racing, trying to sell your rudimentary skills to the naïve and clueless like this guy having you set up his rear for his dragster.

No one here is surprised! Laughing very hard Loser Mike Rietow

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
retard they have been racing 34 miles from your house since Wednesday for $50k to win each day but Wednesday and you, the internet forums self proclaimed best bracket racer with the world's best small tire, triple chrome plated bumper POS is here rather than racing, trying to sell your rudimentary skills to the naïve and clueless like this guy having you set up his rear for his dragster.

No one here is surprised! Laughing very hard Loser Mike Rietow

I think he knows they switched from foam to concrete reflector boxes!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing Hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:

No one here is surprised! Mike Rietow

I think he knows they switched from foam to concrete reflector boxes!!! Big Grin

What would it matter you silly lying libtard, know nothing piece of dog shyt? Confused

It's self evident why I won't race Bradenton, but both you dyck suckers already know that.