Find
Notify
Tools

M-5 Racing Fuel
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Does anyone still run the M-5 racing fuel? Does it work with a carb? Did you make jet changes?
How much ET did you pick up Carb or Injected?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Never run it but I was the track photographer when that stuff hit the market and the fumes were nasty. I haven't smelled that stuff in years.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 495 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Denis, how have you been? Been a long time since the Burnout Wild Bunch days.

I have 10 gallons of M5 I have been wanting to try in my car to pick up a tenth or so. We have a quick 16 Saturday and I might try it.

Most say that is what it is worth. A tenth. I run Rons injection. Was going to fatten it up a pill size or two to try. Some guys with carbs say fatten 8-10 percent.

Posts: 1582 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I run it with injection, but like anything, if you are currently tuned with max timing, pull 2 degrees, and add 1 back to see if mph picks up. If slows down, add fuel. Like nitro, it allows you to run a touch more timing than methanol. Being honest, i run it because it helps stack tickets better on my car. Mixing 50/50 with methanol gets me 02-03. My converter is loose (6500-6600) so it doesnt pick up as much as when the converter is a little snug.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeremihah, How much RPM fallback at the shift with the convertor your using? Thanks

Posts: 234 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Shift 7400-7500 (1.9 seconds) and falls back to 6600-6650, 1.80 planetary

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Being honest, i run it because it helps stack tickets better on my car.

^^^I like this^^^ & it should be what we are concerned about when bracket racing; over how much ET we will pick-up! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Being honest, i run it because it helps stack tickets better on my car.

^^^I like this^^^ & it should be what we are concerned about when bracket racing; over how much ET we will pick-up! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

Yeah sure, thats true....wink-wink

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
M5 fumes are nasty stuff. Worse, IMO, than nitromethane. I've used it, found a little ET in the 1/8 (about 3 hundredths-which was exactly what I needed to get into the 5.80 index) and it was consistent. I won't run it again. Door car, headers underneath, the fumes in the car are not worth the .03.

Posts: 131 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post