DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Power glide to engine bolts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Power glide to engine bolts?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
3/8" -16 1 1/4 or 1 3/8 long. 1 1/2 if you run a 1/4" midplate

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 265 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1leg:
3/8" -16 1 1/4 or 1 3/8 long. 1 1/2 if you run a 1/4" midplate

After a trip out to the shop to measure, I concur.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1809 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I guess I have been using the wrong bolts the past 30 years Laughing Hard

Well, thanks for that informative comment. Roll Eyes

Care to share your wrong choice with the rest of the class? Confused
Big Grin

Laughing Hard

First reply in the thread Goob

You didn't specify the length. Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1809 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
So 1,1/2 by 3/8 , course thread all the way around ? This would be a Reid cased tranny on a dragster.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 619 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Frizie:
So 1,1/2 by 3/8 , course thread all the way around ? This would be a Reid cased tranny on a dragster.

Since its an aftermarket case you need to check what length is needed yourself.....Silly to add that piece of information at the end..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4535 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

Since it’s an aftermarket case you need to check what length is needed yourself.....Silly to add that piece of information at the end..

Was stupid. Sorry Frown

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 619 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:

Since it’s an aftermarket case you need to check what length is needed yourself.....Silly to add that piece of information at the end..

Was stupid. Sorry Frown

Mike, I was able to point that out because I've never done anything dumb..... Laughing Hard

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4535 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post