DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    cam suggestion for a 489
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cam suggestion for a 489
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted
Im builing a spare 489 for My Vega and would like some cam help. Its a 489, im getting a set of brodix bb2plus heads ported for this engine. The car weighs 2500 lbs. Thanks for any help?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I was looking for a new cam and here is what I did and think you should do the same.
I called all of the major cam manufacturers and asked them. Threw out the ones who did not seem realistic. One company seriously asked my "Big block or Small block? Drag or Dirt track" Here is the cam you need" I did not do business with them. They did not ask gear ration, converter, tire heads, nothing, just Big block, small block dirt track or drag.

One company stood out as really good and that was Bullet. They asked me dozens of questions about what combination I had, they asked what I had and where I wanted to improve and then told me they would do a custom grind with these specs. I think they did good and would recommend them to others.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I have used bullet cams before. I have also filled out a cam request a few times never got a reply either.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
http://users.erols.com/srweiss/

Study the flow numbers for your heads, then pick a cam that is easy on parts, and doesn't lift more than needed to maintain peak flow volume and velocity.
Tim at Bullet is very good.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post