DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Data recording system
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Data recording system
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Which company do you like for a user-friendly system? Also, which company gives good tech support?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My buddy Danny is very happy with his DataMax setup, and support has been more than excellent. Somewhat less expensive than racepak too. I'm leaning towards them for my new stuff

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Racepak

Posts: 30 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I bought Racepak because that’s what my friends and engine builder use. Greg Kelley is the man.

If I were building a new car I might look at Fueltech.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Racepak purchased from Greg Kelly

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Larry

Racepak is king. Tech support from them from my experiences has been very good also. I have heard that it may not be as good since they were bought out by Holley but Greg Kelley on this site who is a dealer provides excellent tech support!

Another plus is many racers use this system so local help is likely available at the track. It's really pretty simple once you use it a few races.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
Holley EFI has a great datalogger. It also comes with fuel injection and ignition control.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
RPM Performance Modular, free software, great customer service, and you can use 5 volt sensors that are available in a lot of places.
I have 28 channels available on mine. (I went over kill)

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I compared both computech datamaxx and racepak last winter when I was looking in to data acquisition. I went with datamaxx because it is a little more bang for the buck compared to racepak.

after purchasing it I have been very pleased with how well written and straight forward the instruction were. also they have videos on their website that were very beneficial. the down side to datamaxx is everything is hard wired back to the main brain. the software is very simple to use as well. I am currantly building a new car and will put the datamaxx in it as well. also if you want to add to the system the sensors are more affordable than racepak.

if you decide to go datamaxx I bought mine around this time of year and they were running a sale. I think racepak was on sale a little around Christmas as well so now is a good time to buy which ever you go with.

ep

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
RPM Performance Modular, free software, great customer service, and you can use 5 volt sensors that are available in a lot of places.
I have 28 channels available on mine. (I went over kill)

Dave

David knows!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
larry, I have a racpac sportsman kit with the driveshaft pickup bracket and pinon ring for 9" ford , with a extra pressure transducer complete kit hardly used in the box with all instructions ect. I bought it from greg Kelly and am now retired from racing, I will sell it for $600.00, thanks, chuck

Posts: 17 | Location: Kinderhook, N.Y., USA. | Registered: February 07, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
RPM, Randy and Tony there are great and you get much more for your money. My Data Logger records way more than most and was reasonable in cost. Easy to use and dependable. There are some more expensive but I do not think there is any better.

I will be buying a new RPM logger for my new Altered. I do not think I will be doing the digital dash on the new car. Going back to analog for tach etc but will still record most everything.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
check your pm Chuck

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Racepak purchased from Greg Kelly

Do this and only this. Greg is great to work with and his knowledge of the system is unapparelled. Heaven knows he's had to hold my hand a few times. There are a ton of racers at the track who know the system and can help.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
rpm here here

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Rothermel:
lam now retired from racing

Chuck, sorry to hear you are retired from racing but understand why. Hope you are well.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
For several reasons, I decided to buy a racepak from Greg Kelly.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good decision

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I understand that Greg is an absolute great resource if you have a racepak.... The great news is that unlike racepak, you hardly ever have to reach out to Randy once you have his system installed. And if you do, he's only a phone call away as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck if you dont make a deal with Paul I’d be interested in it as well

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post