DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    12 magnet crank trigger wheel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 magnet crank trigger wheel
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Innovators West makes a 12 magnet crank trigger wheel.. What is the purpose of having 12 magnets?.Is there an improvement over the more common 4 magnet wheel??..It would seem that there would have to be some programing change to the Ignition Box as a trigger signal is being seen every 30 degrees instead of every 90 degrees with the 4 magnet wheel..

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Used with efi or cnp. Needs to be used with a cam sync signal. Improves high rpm errors associated with larger resolution wheels ( 24 -58)

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Low Dollar Motorsports has them too. Plus Racepak sensors.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Most of the cars Ive had come through the shop have this crank trigger wheel.

https://hyperaktive.com/produc...crank-trigger-wheel/

I'm still using the 4 magnet MSD wheel with Holley EFI.

Notice the description clearly states that the 12 magnet is not compatible with MSD systems.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ The Hyperaktive would be my choice if going 12-1 with Holley controlling everything. But I presently don’t let Holley control ignition in my EFI, only fuel, and need a four magnet wheel. Here’s the proper set-up for 12 magnet Holley.

12 magnet set-up

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post