DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best small air compressor
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best small air compressor
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Buy the quietest one you can. We are on our 4th year with the California air tools air compressor. It is awesome.

California air tools

Posts: 30 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
nothing quieter than Rolair's JC10Plus, "the Honda of generators." Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Know your facts

California air tools 56DB
Rolair JCX10 60DB

Both are quiet, but the CAT is on a whole other level.

Posts: 30 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: August 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the CAT is garbage, I know THE facts and did the homework

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
JC10 is $270, CAT is $120. If you like paying significantly more for a louder air compressor go ahead. But for an air compressor that is used only on race weekends and used minimally at that. I’d save $150.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joe Diry,

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I never knew that quiet air compressors were a thing. I also never knew that I needed one. But now I know both of those things. Gonna have to pick one up for the golf cart garage at the beach.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I picked up this one from Harbor Freight for $99. It's been flawless, and its only used for the track. Cheapo I know, but I couldn't justify spending any more than that for no more than it gets used or what it gets used for....And when it dies (I know it will), I'm dropping a compressor completely for track use and getting a PowerTank setup....zero noise at all.....and faster than any compressor....plus it should last a long time before it needs refilled. Yeah, the power tank is expensive, but I'll use it for more than just my slicks at the track.

Link to compressor:

https://www.harborfreight.com/...ompressor-62511.html

Link to the Power Tank:

https://powertank.com

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
These don't make a sound. In the cabinet...Twins
39.00 each lol.. Compressor next to it. Never had to use it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TD do you just filling those from big compressor and using them as tank

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Yes sir i can and or run the compressor next to it in the compartment.. I was thinking of doing the longer bullet type tanks under the trailer x2. This was easier and out of the way. They come in all various sizes and volumes. I did the install about 6.5 years ago. The 39.00 deal was a tad over jobber. Prices have increased .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How american does it have to be?
https://www.craftsman.com/prod...6-gal-air-compressor

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6399 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Well, they were talking quiet. This American made compressor isn't.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Well, they were talking quiet. This American made compressor isn't.

It's also over twice the cfm

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6399 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted Hide Post
California air tools air compressor has been good for the last three years.

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have had a small Senco since 2011 and works great. It is very quiet and does the job. Bought a dual tank one to have some air for blowing stuff off. You wont find any made in the USA unfortunately. Here is a link can be purchased through many places but never had anything better

https://www.senco.com/compressors/

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I replaced an old Craftsman last year with a 6 gal pancake Dewalt and I'm happy with it. I had never heard of Rolair before now or I may have gotten that.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It amazes me to see this much ink for a small air compressor!

My vote is for "Just Another White Air Compressor"!
Laughing Hard

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the one that Harbor Frieght is selling?
https://www.harborfreight.com/...ompressor-64592.html

Posts: 82 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evan136:
Has anyone tried the one that Harbor Frieght is selling?
https://www.harborfreight.com/...ompressor-64592.html

I have not tried that one but same as some of these others here part of the reason they are so quiet is because they do not move much air.

I would also add that some compressor companies are lets say "Grossly Optimistic" on their output numbers.

Bottom line is it takes X amount of power to compress X amount of air to certain pressure. More volume and pressure usually means more noise to. Some designs are a little better but they are all air cooled, reed valve type compressors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
I've used a Porter Cable pancake compressor for 5+ years. Cost around $100 and has served my needs---it's small but I can easily use it to put the car up on pro jacks.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post