Bracket Talk
dual carb TS help

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/3267080186

May 15, 2018, 06:55 PM
Rick Bailey
dual carb TS help
Need some help here ..... wanting to super race a big block chev 632 with inline stop, two dominators. we're failing to get the set up we have to work consistently.

Would like to see some pics of a successful set up, linkage, ram, bell crank

Thanks ! clapping
May 15, 2018, 09:00 PM
TD3550
This was the preliminary setup before getting the new QFX's.. You using the 1050's or the 1250's?
Center fabricated mount bolted to the center lower flange.Here i come to find out the intake is too large for this 632. Poor runner design. Be OK if i wanted to spin it to 9000. Internal epoxy. Was on a 638 with 2 systems. One of which was an internal fogger, front to back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,
May 16, 2018, 11:46 AM
diceman1530
You probably need a bigger bore cylinder,to handle all the extra linkage and suction with two carbs.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports
May 16, 2018, 11:58 AM
Cashflow
I posted on the Bullet for you. Clark Mundt used to run two carbs but he used under carb stops. Hell, he may still be doing it for all I know. I haven’t seen him in awhile.

My feelings are you have a big plenum area and you’re depending on those pump shots to try to fill it up after going on the stop. If I were running two carbs I might give it a try by using them on the top end.

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
May 16, 2018, 12:09 PM
Lenny5160
I've seen dual under-carb stops work very well. I don't personally know anyone running an inline stop with a carb, but I know they are out there and some are having success with it.

Tony Leonard
May 16, 2018, 12:14 PM
SCDIV1
Only person I can recall running a T-Ram with 2 carbs successfully had plate stops under the carbs.

That was a long time ago....
May 16, 2018, 12:23 PM
369dragster
What about putting the cylinder on the pedal? Have seen that done before.

Ken
May 17, 2018, 08:38 PM
AlkyIROC
Dual toilets not carbs but the theory is the same. The toilets however don't need to be turned sideways like carbs so the linkage is a little different. The link bar to join both toilets is on the other side.

I originally ran solid linkage but when I switched to a throttle cable, I needed to figure out a different way to mount the cylinder and this is what I came up with. Push the bump button and the cylinder vents which allows the throttle pedal to be at the floor and butterflies are closed.

Although I could figure out some way to use it as a down track throttle stop but I have no easy way to adjust it. I only use it for a starting line enhancer.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45