DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Simpson hybrid vs necksgen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simpson hybrid vs necksgen
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Who has used both? What are your thoughts?

Posts: 859 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
I have used both as well as a Hans.

I used the Simpson hybrid for several years and liked it a lot. Mine was setup with their quick click latches on the helmet and loops on the tether, it was an upgrade.

When I built the new car I had to switch to a -15 suit and being thicker, my old Simpson hybrid was too tight around the chest to fit and work correctly.

I could have gotten the next larger size but just wanted to try the Necksgen. No complaints and a little easier to put on and connect.

If I had one complaint about either, the Simpson Hybrid being worn like a vest that sometime you have to get it untwisted as you’re trying to slip it on. I also found it would get caught on the top of the shoulder pieces of my Sparco suit. But to me that wasn’t a big deal.

Don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

Posts: 284 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've used both and prefer the necksgen. I find it easier to get on and clip.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 501 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The Necksgen is easier to get in and out of IMHO so for me that was my choice.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4244 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've used both and much prefer the NecksGen Rev 2. The adjustable tether and ease of use makes it preferrable IMO.

Posts: 638 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I currently have both. I'll offer you a different opinion than the others above.....I prefer the Hybrid. Yes, it's a little more work getting on and off as it's a complete harness around your body. But once I'm in the car, I prefer the way it feels.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 93 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post