DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    possible starting line enhancer problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

possible starting line enhancer problem
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I use a Biondo starting line enhancer. Everything works like it should and I have everything that Biondo recommends as fas as a 100lb preset regulator. I activate my enhancer with the bump down before staging and then it goes wide open when my top light comes on and as I'm going down the track it feels like my throttle pedal is going down past wide open. I drive a race tech dragster with a positive pedal stop so I know its not going ****her down but I'm wondering if the throttle stop is losing air somehow.

Has anyone on here ever had that feeling?

I can say that I feel like its affecting the consistency of my car but not much.

Thoughts?

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
you must check adjustment so that on the pedal stop and the carb is open all of the way,but not bottom out completely(only a few thou).once that part is set adjust sle.make sure everthing is neutral.the cable must have a slight amount of slack when carb is at idle.and verify 100 psi

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
I second the 100psi verification. I have the same Biondo regulator and was only getting 80psi, I shimmed it with an additional washer and got it to 105psi.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

I found my issue. My enhancer was actually in a bind at the carb. I used a couple of washers to extend the ball and stud out off the carb and that got the enhancer lined up properly with the cable.

Side note, I did check my Biondo preset regulator and it checked at 100 psi just like it was supposed to.

Thanks

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post