DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier 18760 BR3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 18760 BR3
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Well time slips aren't very readable. But we were doing some testing at Huntsville before the Million this past year with tire pressure, shocks, timing, etc. And this is what we settled on when we left after the last 8 runs.

Car was going 4.61 @ 150 5lbs tire pressure, 4500 rpm leave.

60 fts

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
1.05 60' on a 4.60 car at 150 mph seems like its leaving soft and leaving performance on the table... You sure that't not the reason for no shaking, kill the 60' to make the tire work?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I tested mine in August and had the newest at the time tires.

1.05 to the 60 with a conventional headed engine to run 4.60 is about normal.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Agree with Jeremiah. Mine goes 1.06 to be 4.67 @ 148, leaving at 5000.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We can all debate, just look around the big money bracket scene. The mix of brands on fast bracket cars seem to lean toward M/T. Your car will typically tell you what it likes best if your paying attention...

I personally will not move away from the 3196 as the results were just too good for us. Hundreds of passes, and hundreds of thousands of dollars won, the M/T gave us too many reasons to stay with them. Even when the quality seemed questionable, the tire out performed all others on our applications.

After spending thousands of dollars giving the Hoosiers another chance on 3 seperate occasions, they simply could not give me a tire for free, I would rather pay for one that works the way M/T consistently do...JMO

If you make 3000 horsepower your results may vary and your not big money bracket racing with regularity.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I also have to point out...did it really take Hoosier 3 tries and 5 years to copy a M/T bubba tire?

C'mon man...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 06, 2019 08:57 AM Hide Post
We can all debate, just look around the big money bracket scene. The mix of brands on fast bracket cars seem to lean toward M/T

cris that is because this is a monkey see monkey do sport.and i am not pointing fingers.lol most of the time it gets back to the final tuning which happens after the tires are installed and at each track.the mt are very smooth and forgiving i do agree

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
quote:
We can all debate, just look around the big money bracket scene. The mix of brands on fast bracket cars seem to lean toward M/T

cris that is because this is a monkey see monkey do sport.and i am not pointing fingers.lol most of the time it gets back to the final tuning which happens after the tires are installed and at each track.the mt are very smooth and forgiving i do agree
WRONG the majority have changed because of tire shake period an I’m one of them....I know several that were getting free tires an made the move..

Posts: 1260 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think the Hoosier rep may throw in a free mouth piece with a set of Hoosiers and give you the number to his friend that’s a welder

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
quote:

Rusty
With regards to your Monkey see Monkey do theory your right! However what your missing is the fact that trends don't last unless they work, otherwise they die just as fast as they were born! MT tires work and have taken over in fast dragsters, period! As Whomp stated their are a number of racers who were getting free brand X tires who are now running MT's, that ain't the Monkey talking. Big Grin

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
ok not starting an argument just saying what i think to be true based on what i think i know today.i didn't say they didn't work,i have a set in my shop.i am saying there are other tires out there that work well also.the fastest tire i had behind my bracket motor was a Goodyear,the worst tire for me at that time was Hoosier settled on mt.it was not the fastest but was without a doubt the smoothest.for top dragster tires are ever evolving .i am back on Hoosier and will stay until i have a reason not to.as with all things in life we can each run the tire of our choice(or whatever everyone else runs) lol.

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Ten years ago almost everyone was running Hoosier tires and winning a lot of money on them. At that time they were the best tires going. Then people started running the MT tires and most everyone has moved to them for good reason. Hoosier may be trying to build a tire that can turn it around and get everyone to move back to Hoosiers.

For me I do not care too much about brands I will use what works best for my car at my performance level and right now that is MT tires.

Now for the Top Dragster guys it is not so simple and some people are having problems with both brands. I think the problem with a lot of the Top Dragster guys is not enough down force to plant the tire hard at high speed. I believe it may be getting up on the tire at high speed and working middle of tire harder causing blistering and heat issues that is not the same all the way across the tire. I think keeping tire planted (more Down force)could help most all of us to make the tire last longer and car handle better to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
where is your post keith i thought is was cool

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Did we miss a post?

Glad we are at a point where at least we can agree to disagree with out a chit show to follow.

People can be civil.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
yes Keith posted but i guess he decided to stay of it.y'all have a good night

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Yea I pulled it down after I had a while to think about it....was afraid it would Just deteriorate Ed style. Most of it was sarcasm and that really doesn’t always translate well on a message board.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 313 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
looked good to me ,lol

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
No problem, we can all agree or disagree just no name calling. It was all good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We all have choices what we want to post...just as well as choices which tire we want to run...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At this point if the br3`s are really as good I think they are just gonna have to give away a bunch of free BR3`s to the public cuase they called out "wolf" too many times to be believable anymore.

Posts: 40 | Location: canada | Registered: December 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post