Bracket Talk
older Racepak to USB issue

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2967023186

July 01, 2018, 01:33 PM
topfuel
older Racepak to USB issue
The dragster I just bought has an older Racepak, first generation unit that does not have the removable SD card. Download is accomplished via serial cable or by plugging in a memory cartridge and then transferring that data to your computer. The process using the memory cartridge works, the process with the serial cable will not work. I have tried using both the serial port on the computer, and even a serial to USB adapter going into the computer. Each time I try to extract run data, it reports successful read of all sensors, and then the process will not proceed to output the information in graph form. I have changed the com port assignment multiple times, still no success. I'm thinking I must be missing a driver for the USB, and will be calling Racepak tomorrow. Has anybody experienced this issue and what was the solution.
July 01, 2018, 01:50 PM
rusty
reach out to greg kelley on this site ,he is the guru

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

July 01, 2018, 02:25 PM
bry-war
Is this V or PRO series?
BW
July 01, 2018, 03:39 PM
topfuel
V300
July 01, 2018, 06:08 PM
bry-war
Have you chosen the telemetry configuration?
Racepak Data-Link live telemetry
July 01, 2018, 07:15 PM
topfuel
I have not tried telemetry, but since it uses the same serial and USB cable I assume it would not work. I will try it just to be sure.
July 01, 2018, 07:45 PM
Greg Kelley
Probably need to go to Settings/Preferences and select USB as data download method.

GK - www.MotorSportsInnovations.com
609-265-2110 GKelley@MotorSportsInnovations.com

July 01, 2018, 08:17 PM
topfuel
Greg Kelly, yes I have done that, still no good. I just got finished trying the telemetry mode with the same serial cable to USB adapter into the computer and it works, and this is the Racepak provided USB cable. I did not get any driver disk when I purchased the car, is it possible I'm missing the required USB driver files. How would I check this?
July 02, 2018, 10:08 AM
369dragster
Did you happen to buy a Dan Page car? It's a very nice car,all the bells and whistles. I would call Greg and he can pretty much walk you thru any problem,if not point you in the right direction.

Ken
July 02, 2018, 10:27 AM
topfuel
369dragster, yes I did, just trying to get the Racepak to talk to my computer via the serial cable.
July 02, 2018, 11:46 AM
topfuel
I just got off the phone with Racepak technical support, they had me fixed up in three minutes, a simple setting change in the s/w, and we are good to go. Thanks to Racepak, and all that provided suggestions.