DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best company for Dual matching gas carbs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best company for Dual matching gas carbs
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Hi Guys,

I've been out of the gas carburetor scene for a while.
Who would you recommend for a matching pair of carburetors for a tunnel ram setup?

Preferably 4500 series for Q 16.

TIA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pentastarrail,

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dambest for the win.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
On the west coast:

The Carb Shop
1461 E. Philadelphia, Ontario, CA 91761
Phone: (909) 947-3575 Fax: (909) 947-7495
www.customcarbs.com

Next door to Vrbancic Brothers Racing!

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
i run 2 GET'M with excellent results on a SRE 674. Trevor Wiggins has great customer service too.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would ask some comp eliminator racers….

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Frank, carburetors??? What are they? Big Grin

Speaking of dambest, I passed John’s shop yesterday. Knew he was in Poughkeepsie but wasn’t sure where until I happened to pass it.

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use TMC, Tony Morris, he worked for Bolaws before going out on his own. He also works with Mike Laws. A friend of mine had good luck with AED also. I am sure Book is good too but pricey.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with dual quads but I would give Tony Morris a call and pick his brain. You won't be sorry. Let me know if you need his number Frank.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
BOOK or TMC

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Bob Book is top notch quality, definitely not inexpensive but then it's comp approved.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Frank

Also worth noting, TMC's carbs can be used for Q16 or regular racing gas with just an air bleed and jet change. Debby & Val DiGenova both have carbs TMC built (Twin Blades) and have run both fuels with them!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Frank

Also worth noting, TMC's carbs can be used for Q16 or regular racing gas with just an air bleed and jet change. Debby & Val DiGenova both have carbs TMC built (Twin Blades) and have run both fuels with them!
I don’t why anyone would run that stuff..IMO

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Jmarkaudio, or Mark Whitener is your man.....Lightning Racing Carbs.....and I'm willing to bet his pricing is better too.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with buying a pair off the shelf, and tuning them yourself as necessary.
Not sure I'd invest in any wizardry done to a pair of carburetors that have never been run on your engine.
Modify from a position of hard data. Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Frank

I don’t why anyone would run that stuff..IMO

I agree!!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bob book
Gary williams
TMC
APD

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
What are the engine specs?

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have used most all of them and IF you can get him to take you on as a customer Dale Cubic is hands down the best guy out there. Problem is he is so busy he is not really taking on new work. But call and talk to him and maybe you can get in. But don't be surprised or upset if he interviews you first Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Being your are in the north east I would recommend Nickerson in PA. He does carbs for many of the top Div 1 cars. He is located in PA right over the NJ border.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that Mark responded. I have had two of his carbs, an alky carb and now this gas carb. Did nothing to either except set the idle speed. If I ever build a bigger engine he will get my business.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post