New
Find
Notify
Tools

S-10 Build
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking for seat recommendations for new S-10 build?

Posts: 24 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Get FJ Smith to build it Wink

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thoughts,

*I am an "old", "large" "stiff" man so an original seat always appeals to me. [The Doctor tells me I have "FOS" Fat Old stiff]

*Kirky makes several sizes of drag seats and offers nice mounting hardware.

When Monte and I built the Super 10 it initially had the factory seat, which I liked. Later, we changed to an aluminum seat, and I never liked it.

The aluminum seat, once mounted, will be about 25 pounds lighter.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
If you stick with stock,, the seats from a Cavalier are pretty close to bolt-in and a whole lot more comfortable with better bolsters.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
We put a Kirkey in our truck and modified the factory bucket seat tracks to work. They no longer slide due to the fact the seat is anchored to the roll cage but it made mounting it much easier as the factory floor is very oddly shaped.
In hindsight, next time I'll cut out the factory floor and just make it flat Razz

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post