Bracket Talk
Why are bolt together converters High?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2627016896

May 07, 2022, 09:41 AM
Footloose
Why are bolt together converters High?
Can you pull your trans at the track and make adjustments to it easily? Is it like the last converter you will ever have to buy?
May 07, 2022, 10:54 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Can you pull your trans at the track and make adjustments to it easily? Is it like the last converter you will ever have to buy?

Yes, I can get one to you for less than you think, ask banjo if he got a good one,... right (fast).
May 07, 2022, 10:57 AM
wideopen231
As a friend says about divorce.They are hig bcause they are worth it?

Just a joke. I am looking into getting one also.mainly I think it will allow me to run with different combos and get better dialed to each and cheaper than 2 or 3 regular converters.

Wonder how many guys are bracket racing with one?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
May 07, 2022, 11:07 AM
Big Steve
Once you have the converter out of the car it takes about 30 minutes or less to swap the stator. So it just depends how hard you want to work at the track. I have only had mine apart at the track once, and that was to clean it after I murdered the trans.
I have 2 stators, I run the tighter one in the spring good air then swap one that's a tick looser for the hot months but I swap it at home
May 07, 2022, 12:36 PM
Goob
Because they can't charge you $250 - $300 to inspect it or adjust it.... Cool

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375
May 09, 2022, 05:04 PM
1.Slow_fivE.0
1. there is about 3-4 times the amount of time required to build one
2. the different components are made from raw materials that are expensive
3. the different components normally require additional manufacturing time prior to the build process

------------------------------------------
killer of MT82s
Converter Guy
May 09, 2022, 08:31 PM
rusty
i havnt changed stators since i put it in 3 years ago

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

May 10, 2022, 12:07 AM
BP758
Billet Front bowl no more flexing or cracking around mounting pads.

Raceless in California!
May 10, 2022, 05:46 AM
Bucky
They are nice but man the price!
The item that amazes me is beadlock wheels. And folks line up to buy them for cars that have no need for them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
May 10, 2022, 12:03 PM
1320racer
We don’t “need” bolt together converters, bead lock wheels, billet carbs, stainless steel headers, yada, yada, yada but some of us choose to buy these parts because we can, because we want them, because they look cool, least of which is because we think we will run quicker/faster with them. Meanwhile those that want these parts too, but can’t afford them moan about the price, biotching how expensive racing is because they think they are entitled to them. Didn't think of that
May 10, 2022, 09:32 PM
wideopen231
To OP's question. Look at the machining work and welding that goes into one. Plus anything that is a hot ticket item is going to cost more.. I don't like the cost and haven't gotten one because of it yet. It is on the list but it is a long list and some things are more important or more needed IMO. If I had not already bought a converter then I would probably go for one, Hindsight is great and at times it just piss' you off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.