DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Powerglide questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powerglide questions
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
Does anyone have a link to a good exploded view of a Powerglide valve body?

I know there are a few different size boost valve, anyone know the factory sizes?

Posts: 1548 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
send pm with phone number and I can send pic out of Carl Monroe's powerglide book if will help.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4439 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Does anyone have a link to a good exploded view of a Powerglide valve body?

I know there are a few different size boost valve, anyone know the factory sizes?

There is a Powerglide builder group on Facecrack if you have it.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1798 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I looked at my old Carl Munroe book and found the pic. Would like a little larger version but it did answer my question. Hard to see that small print.
I'll have to explore FB.

Posts: 1548 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I looked at my old Carl Munroe book and found the pic. Would like a little larger version but it did answer my question. Hard to see that small print.
I'll have to explore FB.

From what I gathered, the largest O.E. valve was .490", and all of the repair kits are that size.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1798 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
The v8 boost valve is .488, v6 was .475 and the small v6 and 4 bangers used the .460 boost valve. When a manufactor for a pressure regulator spring gives you pressures, they are basing them off the big boost valve. Each size smaller, is usually worth 20 psi.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 735 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post