DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MSD Grid Sim Card Replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSD Grid Sim Card Replacement
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Had some runs not record at the end of last year on my grid. I can just put a new Micro Sim card in correct?

Thanks,
SL...

Posts: 2141 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yea Scott that's a generic card you can get from Amazon or wherever .

Posts: 674 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I believe it can not be over 8gb...I could be wrong, however I had issues with anything over 8gb.

Posts: 559 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I learned I had a corrupt card and that was why mine wasn't recording. Got a two pack of 10 gig from amazon...works perfectly now....

Not sure why you'd have problems with the 8 gig stuff..

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Google….. 8gb MicroSD Card class 10. You want a Class 10 card, Not 4. Format to “NTFS” Not Fat32.

In Grid, Revisit your Data Acquisitions Start / Stop program settings.

Keep your recordings stored on your computer when downloaded and clear the card of recordings at the same time.

Avoid recording Ignition IN / OUT unless you need to diagnose a problem. This will reduce the size of the recording file. Same for length of recording.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Mine had a 16gb in it. This is what I got from Amazon.

Brand Patriot Memory
Flash Memory Type Micro SD, Micro SDHC
Color Black 16GB 5-Pack
Hardware Interface MicroSD, SDXC
Secure Digital Association Speed Class Class 10

About this item
16GB Micro SD Card 5-pack bulk easy to open packaging
Class 10, UHS-1 performance allows fast and smooth continuous shooting, multiple frames per second and full HD video capture
Fast performance minimizes photo and video transfer times to your computer
Durable & ultra-reliable: magnet proof, shock proof, temperature proof, and waterproof
Perfect for Android smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, game consoles, dash cameras, drones and surveillance systems, etc; It can use to store or back up high-res photos, videos, documents, music and more.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Mine had a 16gb in it. This is what I got from Amazon.

Brand Patriot Memory
Flash Memory Type Micro SD, Micro SDHC
Color Black 16GB 5-Pack
Hardware Interface MicroSD, SDXC
Secure Digital Association Speed Class Class 10

About this item
16GB Micro SD Card 5-pack bulk easy to open packaging
Class 10, UHS-1 performance allows fast and smooth continuous shooting, multiple frames per second and full HD video capture
Fast performance minimizes photo and video transfer times to your computer
Durable & ultra-reliable: magnet proof, shock proof, temperature proof, and waterproof
Perfect for Android smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, game consoles, dash cameras, drones and surveillance systems, etc; It can use to store or back up high-res photos, videos, documents, music and more.

This is what i have replaced mine with in several grids, and have had 0 issues.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 728 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good to know the maximum size partition Grid will recognize now as of the latest 1.8.0 Firmware version is 16gb. It had been 8gb several years ago. Either way you want Class 10. I tried putting a 32gb in my 7730 just now and it errors. You can take larger cards and create a smaller partition that Grid will recognize.

I’m still using the 2gb cards that came with my Grids in 2012 and work perfect.

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Most likely too many files in the folder, around 300 and mine stops recording. Make a backup folder on the card if you want to save them and move them over there.

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post