DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Will it clear? BLP Dominator 2" cowl 69 Nova sbc
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will it clear? BLP Dominator 2" cowl 69 Nova sbc
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mikey’s skeered! Laughing very hard Dancing Cat

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^Says the Chicken Shyt who backed out of the race with Torqin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong talk about what you know which is NOTHING, not what you think you know. How’s that fucing feel you got from Phil’s after waiting a year? Laughing very hard

I didn’t back out of any race with Chris and will race him if he wants, anytime our paths cross again, me in my Firebird, him in his nova.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

And ImakeHP. I can't understand why those two gave silly little hater Ed, the time of day.

Ed, ain't even the best in his neighborhood racing foot brake, with his low 9 second BBC Firebird abomination. $100,000 car to race for $500, silly little hater Ed still isn't the best in his neighborhood.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mikey’s skeered! Laughing very hard Dancing Cat Full Moon

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mikey’s STILL skeered! Laughing very hard Dancing Cat Full Moon

another internet billy badass. BlahBlah Good luck with that Laughing very hard and so is mine! NahNahTounge

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
talk about what you know which is NOTHING, not what you think you know. How’s that fucing feel you got from Phil’s after waiting a year?

I didn’t back out of any race with Chris and will race him if he wants, anytime our paths cross again, me in my Firebird, him in his nova.

TORQN would F you up with his left leg hanging out the driver window, one hand tied behind his back and eye patch covering his good eye. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by banjo:
Here are some pics. The front need/seat sits just barely above the inner fender line. Let me know if you need any other perspectives.

Thank you again Sir.

Have you any idea how much space you have, between the top of the front air horn, and the bottom side of your hood, pinned down ready to rock?

I need to lose .750 to be exactly like your car.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
I have 3 inches from the top of the face of the carb to the bottom of the hood.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 3 inches from the top of the face of the carb to the bottom of the hood.

Your'e loaded with good news, I appreciate your help Sir.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The driver from R & L Carriers just called, he's gonna be here at 11:00 with the hood.

Unbelievable,... Summit said six week wait, Harwood said six week wait.

JEGS got it to my door in six days, I never asked, assumed it would be 6 week wait.

Can't wait!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We're calling this clean cut. We're getting this ready to do some Super Pro bracket racing in Orlando.

A guy I'm doing a new BBC 540 and race Powerglide wants to take the hood for paint. The man who painted the cars says two weeks, I can give the man who painted the car a couple weeks to get on it. No problem, he did an excellent job painting the car.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
So how much clearance to the carb did you end up with? Curious on how our calculations worked out.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how much clearance to the carb did you end up with? Curious on how our calculations worked out.

Worked out great, thanks to you.

I gotta mill 1/2" off this 1" spacer to run the dominator carb.

My 4150 BLP carb and SV2 is a bolt on.

I'm gonna start with the dominator, if it ain't deadly, I ain't even gonna tune it, I'm just gonna drop my 4150 BLP and SV2 intake on it.

I think the dominator is gonna be good though.

Thank you again, Sir

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Awesome, glad it worked out. I have never been a fan of the big cowl induction hood and like the more streamlined look.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awesome, glad it worked out. I have never been a fan of the big cowl induction hood and like the more streamlined look.

Me too, I put the other hood on it and chin spoiler to run a 5 off the trailer. That hood takes a lot of the high pressure off the windshield.

It was just something I wanted to do, because nobody I street raced with back in the day thought it was possible. I still haven't seen anyone running like that at 3200 lbs, with Brodix or AFR heads. I only put 12 widen open laps on it before all the drama. It had a high 5.80 in it, in good air.

I never ran it in good air. Oh well it dipped in the 5's, I made my goal, time for some Super Pro bracket racing, same power plant. I'm shooting to be dial'd high 6.30's around 113 mph.

Should be interesting.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So, did you change the motor mounts?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
So, did you change the motor mounts?

No Sir, when I first looked at this I'm thinking just by eyeballing it, I need to lose an 1 1/2" or so. When I looked at it closer, taking measurements, I found it was only 5/8". We have an aircraft machinist we use for stuff like this, he'll take a 1/2" off the spacer and a 1/2" off the carb flange. The oil pan is sitting on, or a 1/16" off the crossmember, can't tolerate shorter mounts.