Bracket Talk
Paint or Wrap?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2477057296

March 02, 2020, 06:16 PM
Freddie
Paint or Wrap?
So we are taking delivery of our new Dragster in a week or two and trying to decide if we should see about getting the body wrapped or painted. IF we do paint it will more than likely be one color with some graphics rather than trying to paint several colors.
March 02, 2020, 07:01 PM
WHOMPWHOMP
PAINT...if solid color I would powder coat...
March 02, 2020, 07:44 PM
Freddie
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

The chassis is already powder coated, I am thinking the body it has a one piece fiberglass body. would it hold up to powder coat?
March 02, 2020, 08:36 PM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

The chassis is already powder coated, I am thinking the body it has a one piece fiberglass body. would it hold up to powder coat?

I don't think you can powder coat fiberglass. Non conductive.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 02, 2020, 09:30 PM
fasterat
Powder will require oven curing at approximately 400F. I like vinyl. It’s actually very possible to wrap your one piece body, with one piece of vinyl, if so desired.
March 02, 2020, 09:32 PM
Canted Valve
If powder coating/baking thin sheet metal I sure would do some research regarding warpage.

Illegitimi non carborundum
March 02, 2020, 09:45 PM
Bucky
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
If powder coating/baking thin sheet metal I sure would do some research regarding warpage.

One piece fiberglass body.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 03, 2020, 06:46 AM
HS professor
I'd wrap it, and I'm a painter Razz

In a sea of one dragster is nicer than the next and most of the paint schemes have been duplicated over and over with slight variations, wrapping allows you some incredible options. I was parked next to a 65 Nova at Maple Grove that had an American flag and eagle scheme down the side. Top was paint and the graphics were a wrap and looked amazing !!!
March 03, 2020, 01:17 PM
RacerVX54
Wraps look ok ,but nothing beats paint.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
March 03, 2020, 01:36 PM
diceman1530
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Wraps look ok ,but nothing beats paint.

X2

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports
March 03, 2020, 02:52 PM
TORQIN
X3!

Paint has permanency...wraps lose luster in one year in the sun racing...never mind the edges peeling and the bubbles in curvatures.

JMO