Bracket Talk
Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2467096596

March 07, 2021, 11:35 AM
TD1964
Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones
I believe everyone has gone through the what trailer tires, and who should I buy them from.
Nobody Likes flats, I don't. That being said, what is the consciences for a 48' triaxle? quality is the main concern, not price.
March 07, 2021, 12:34 PM
TonyB6255
If the whole debacle from Goodyear doesn't bother you. I still think the Goodyear Endurance is the best trailer tire going right now.
March 07, 2021, 12:52 PM
442OLDS
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
If the whole debacle from Goodyear doesn't bother you. I still think the Goodyear Endurance is the best trailer tire going right now.

I'm with you.I have had some great success with them.
March 07, 2021, 01:10 PM
bry-war
I have some good lookin Sailun s637 but not enough miles to vouch for. Some else here bought them and may have a review. "Someone" will say they're chinese junk but so is the phone I just typed this message on. Lol
March 07, 2021, 01:19 PM
TD1964
quote:

You are referring to the Goodyear Endurance series. They have good reviews . At $220.00 each for my size. Not a bad price from Tire Rack.
March 07, 2021, 01:37 PM
Headgames
I purchased my used trailer with Firestone trans force tires that lasted over 10 years (yeah, I know that’s pushing it) from the date code. I have a 48 foot gooseneck around 15,000 pounds and live in Phoenix where cracked sidewalls are the norm. The light truck tires don’t explode like the trailer tires do.
March 07, 2021, 01:46 PM
Big Steve
Firestone Transforce LT tires was recommended to me and I have had great luck so far after 4 years on the trailer.
Mine are 225/75R16. I wanted to put the 235 on but felt they would rub.
I also have them on my dually
March 07, 2021, 01:56 PM
1320racer
quote:

This^^^ 4 years, thousands upon thousands of miles and no issues.

March 07, 2021, 02:02 PM
TD1964
I have gone over more reviews on the Goodyear's. There will always be the negative reviews. The pros are outnumbering the cons.
Ordered just now, With my Veterans discount the price was just to hard to pass up. It includes mounting and balancing at my shop.

I run the 235/85 Always nice to have a big tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD1964,
March 07, 2021, 02:40 PM
TonyB6255
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
I have gone over more reviews on the Goodyear's. There will always be the negative reviews. The pros are outnumbering the cons.
Ordered just now, With my Veterans discount the price was just to hard to pass up. It includes mounting and balancing at my shop.

I run the 235/85 Always nice to have a big tire.

I've got 2 years on mine so far and thousands of miles including a 6000 mile round trip to AL and back last Oct.
March 07, 2021, 03:42 PM
Mike Rietow
75 mph rating commercial - industrial grade, all steel construction lowest rolling resistance trailer tire.

BMF

March 07, 2021, 04:11 PM
1320racer
chinese junk!
March 07, 2021, 04:18 PM
SCDIV1
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
75 mph rating commercial - industrial grade, all steel construction lowest rolling resistance trailer tire.

BMF

Look real close cause the deviates sometimes hide the Made in China lettering.....

I had a set of Titans that had it where the bead seats on the rim. Once mounted you'd never see it....till they blow up.....

Nearly every ST tire was Made offshore....China, Taiwan.....and some were/are made in Mexico..

The Goodyear Endurance are supposed to be made in USA.....

My set has been fine.....E rated 15's....80lb air...
March 07, 2021, 04:36 PM
markemark
GY Endurance 225/75-15 are (N) 87 mph rated and made in USA.

I replace trailer tires (to include the never used spare) every 5 years no matter the mileage. GY Endurance installed last year.
March 07, 2021, 04:56 PM
SCDIV1
Speed rating and load rating are 2 separate ratings...

C-D-E-F are load ratings and the air pressure goes up with each rating....

Many trailers came with D rated 15's......65lbs air pressure...and you could air them up to 5 lbs over as per a tech bulletin from Goodyear regarding Marathons to run 65-70 mph.

I did that and my Marathons lasted pretty well....never blew one out but eventually were in bad shape

I replaced them with the Endurance tires and they have been good......Really not a lot of use the last couple years though.....sit more than they roll....

Should get used up this year hopefully......

I carry 2 brand new spares.....
March 07, 2021, 05:22 PM
Mike Rietow
These are inflated 95 psi if you have a heavy enough load. A long haul trucker who also drag races, turned a few of us onto them. They're not made in china.

According to this man, the tire if inflated correctly (any trailer tire) , is according to weight. He also said these are good for 80,000 miles, if ran correctly. He claimed these are by far the best trailer tires you can buy, with the least rolling resistance.

Cooper tire subsidiary

March 07, 2021, 05:28 PM
1320racer
they are made in Thailand and are junk but perfect for you who don't trailer, don't race.
March 07, 2021, 05:33 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
they are made in Thailand and are junk but perfect for you who don't trailer, don't race.

I wouldn't trade my truck, trailer or Nova, for none of the junk you got. Bet that. Smile

March 07, 2021, 05:35 PM
1320racer
your truck, trailer and Nova is worth less than one of my engines and ain't worth the discussion! Spitting
March 07, 2021, 05:46 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
your truck, trailer and Nova is worth less than one of my engines and ain't worth the discussion!

That's because you pay someone like me with the know how, big money to build your engines. So why would I trade your over inflated junk, for my junk I built? I wouldn't.

Your truck is china junk. Smile