DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    what decision would you make under these circumstances
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what decision would you make under these circumstances
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
You stage you accept it. I trust no one especially the one that never steps out of the tower but will gladly send you down the track just to get thru ....

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
You stage you accept it. I trust no one especially the one that never steps out of the tower but will gladly send you down the track just to get thru ....

That is absolutely true even if they have the wrong dial on the board and your car has correct dial once you stage you have accepted it.

With that said we expect the track to be prepared decent. We do not always get that and from the starting line you may not be able to tell. To me the fact that they stopped the race for 2 hours to clean and dry track is saying that they knew it was not safe. So if I was track manager I would have probably put him back in.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4192 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Let me tell you something about waivers.....they are legitimate documents, however they DO NOT nullify responsibility of the party, if a party is negligent and that can be proven in court I don't care what waiver you signed they will be found guilty. Period.

Absolutely correct. That piece of paper you sign doesn't save them from squat.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
In today's legal world, you cannot sign your right away if incompetence or poor judgement was involved that caused you to incur property and financial loss or medical issues from a crash at an event where the promoter/track owner received money from the customer to put on a "show" or "event" and you suffer a loss under their guidance. Property damage is the easy one to get rid of, medical bills are a different thing.
Owned a track for 14 years, seen about everything when it comes to lawyers and race tracks.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post