DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Variation in 60ft to 330 time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Variation in 60ft to 330 time
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys. I agree, it needs very little. I was watching several other guys with the same car as mine (builder) and they don't move all day long. They are also on alky and new tires. I need a new set, but am not putting them on for the last weekend of the year.

I think the only change that I am going to make to the car is to try shifting off RPM. It looks to be easy to change over and I can certainly put it back if it doesn't work out.

I need to invest in a better weather station setup. I am just using a hand held Tag from long ago. While it still works, I am wondering if there is another weather condition that is making it deviate a little bit. Water grains or dew point or whatever. Something trailer based and with wind is what I am thinking.

So, it was suggested that I need to dial it better. I am all for that. Just how much should I be holding? I have never been really good at the finish line. Something I need to work on for sure. Whats the standard on one of these long skinnies? 2 hundo?

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You gotta be an expert in reading a time slip. If you're an expert you'll be able to see how I lost the would've, could've, should've race after we both saw the win light on in my lane in which I needed to take 7 thou less to win and 8 thou less to tie. I won the race where he's unlucky -.001 red which moved me to the next round and the other guy won the would've race. If you hadn't dial'd yourself out of the race, you too could've been involved in the could've, should've, would've race. When you get this you'll re-think how you dial!

I still wanna know if the guy aired it out to go 9 total or if he was racing the could've, would've should've race to show you how good he is at going 9 total doing something!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
It's in the shift. Switch to rpm and make it shift 300 rpm higher than what's in the datalog.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHampshire:
Thanks for the input guys. I agree, it needs very little. I was watching several other guys with the same car as mine (builder) and they don't move all day long. They are also on alky and new tires. I need a new set, but am not putting them on for the last weekend of the year.

I think the only change that I am going to make to the car is to try shifting off RPM. It looks to be easy to change over and I can certainly put it back if it doesn't work out.

I need to invest in a better weather station setup. I am just using a hand held Tag from long ago. While it still works, I am wondering if there is another weather condition that is making it deviate a little bit. Water grains or dew point or whatever. Something trailer based and with wind is what I am thinking.

So, it was suggested that I need to dial it better. I am all for that. Just how much should I be holding? I have never been really good at the finish line. Something I need to work on for sure. Whats the standard on one of these long skinnies? 2 hundo?

Switched to Alky 7 years ago and i will never run gas again.. P.S dont believe all the negative things you may hear 99% of them are false

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1413 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if it's all because of gas moving more than alky with weather changes as it could have just been the track. Or maybe inconsistent shifts for a multitude of reasons.

But I can say that my and many other KillerRon's alcohol systems would have moved so little if at all on a 150ft change in DA. I have had days where the DA moves 1000ft and the et may change only .01 or .02. These are days where the track stays consistent also meaning all passes made in the night time or daytime. If a split between day and night then the track temperature becomes a variable.

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post