DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cleaning a Moroso Vacuum Pump
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning a Moroso Vacuum Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
I have seen the video on taking the pump apart to clean it - not too bad.

Is there any issue popping the input line side open and spraying brake cleaner in it to clean it?

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I do it all the time with the brake clean. As long as the veins aren't seized.Then a shot of WD and i'm back in action. Going on 6 years with the 4 and no kit yet. Still pulling 15".

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Sounds good - thanks!

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If your shaft isn't loose from the front bearing and shaft being trashed then cleaning with brake clean while its running is just fine. then pour a small amount of oil in it to lube things up.

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't have to clean them unless your getting water in there like with alky combo's. I have run both gas and alky, on some cold mornings I did the brake clean trick when the vanes where stuck but normally a little heat from warming the motor up freed them. Never had to do anything with gas.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post