Find
Notify
Tools

Burnout RPM
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
28x10 Hoosiers with 4.88 gears. Break tires loose in low, shift to high as soon as they start to spin. 6000 rpm max. I try to do small burnout with just a little bit of smoke.

https://youtu.be/Rlef_8dopsI?si=6-XPr5gJkPgoJZq3

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 782 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Allways keep burnout rpm above converter stall speed-this was recomended to me by an old freind many years ago and says it saves converter sprags-also lift immeditlly after clearing water from tires I know its tough to do with a dragster

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 426 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few comments about keeping burnout rpm above convertor stall speed.

My current convertor flashes to 5,600 on the launch. What's the stall when there is little to no load on the motor while in the water & I'm at part throttle.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2759 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Its right when you come out of the water below stall thats hardest on the sprag-this was reccomened to me by Trans Man Steve Oldani

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 426 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post