DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Does anyone own a SUMMIT gantry crane?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own a SUMMIT gantry crane?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I'm also looking at a Bannon, Eastwood and Pittsburgh.

Who's do you like / own?

I kinda like the Eastwood one ton gantry crane, but they don't do PayPal internet transactions.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of smashm
posted Hide Post
I bought a four ton gantry crane from northern tool. I use it to lift the big blocks in & out of my boat. Never a complaint. Could of gone with a two ton, rather have over kill than to worry.

Posts: 68 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check Craig’s list and Facebook market place around you have two buddies that found them there one was a harbor Freight Tools one guy bought for job and sold for half price other buddy found one a welder had made and retired nd got it cheap and I think he could lift a bridge with it

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smashm:
I bought a four ton gantry crane from northern tool. I use it to lift the big blocks in & out of my boat. Never a complaint. Could of gone with a two ton, rather have over kill than to worry.

True, we think alike.

Did you buy a Bannon brand gantry crane?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Bannon, Eastwood and Pittsburg are the same design.

Looks like the SUMMIT requires a ladder to raise and lower the gantry height.

I've got a couple 10ft high garage doors to roll it in and out of, so I don't really see that as a negative, once set to workable height originally.

SUMMIT is easy to do internet business with, they do PayPal transactions.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pittsburgh it is. It weighs over 700 lbs.

"Working" load 2000 lbs. That means you can move the crane loaded with a load under 2000 lbs.

I can pick one up local. Kenneth City Harbor Freight has one in stock.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Check Craig’s list and Facebook market place around you have two buddies that found them there one was a harbor Freight Tools one guy bought for job and sold for half price other buddy found one a welder had made and retired nd got it cheap and I think he could lift a bridge with it

Will do.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ended up with a 1 ton Eastwood weighs 600 lbs, with a 240V 2T chain winch, and a china beam trolley.

Eastwood is your best deal pound for pound, if you're looking. Eastwood, Bannon or Pittsburgh. All the same design / higher working weight loaded.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Eastwood, good company to do business with.

No tricks, no gimmicks, no fine print.

Straight up good service, on time.

They earned a repeat customer.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and more chinese junk in your storage unit. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
nd more chinese junk in your storage unit.

I think reitow keeps the chineese economy robust

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
American crackers cracking the whip on china slave labor, doing quality control.

It's nice chit. Real nice.

The USA ship has sailed to China, welcome to the New World Order.

china will be the next Super power,as planned by the tri-lateral commission in the early 1970's.

Everyone is already hearing the Giant sucking sound.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ross was right on.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
Ross was right on.

Truth

His families lives were threatened too. So he dropped out.

That's when you know you're over the target.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got a guy begging to give $90k for this car with a BBC in it.

Crane works killer!

We're looking at a 69 396 BBC Chevelle encore when this one goes. The Dart block 496 BBC for it is in the works.