DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    chrome AN fittings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

chrome AN fittings
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted
Who you guys getting your chromed an fittings from? And does anyone make a black coated fitting that doesnt turn f/n copper colored?! Didn't think of that

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 595 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
Not chrome, but the Nickel plated fittings are really good and seem to last quite a while...

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
does anyone make a black coated fitting that doesnt turn f/n copper colored?! Didn't think of that

NO but XRP stays black the longest.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
does anyone make a black coated fitting that doesnt turn f/n copper colored?! Didn't think of that

NO but XRP stays black the longest.

My engine is plumbed 100% with black XRP fittings. Any fitting that does not see heat like fuel lines has held its black very well. Fittings for trans lines, water lines etc not so much after a couple of years

Posts: 2487 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Aeroquip nickel finished ones. They look killer with black hose and don't turn color at all. Have had some on a car for over 10 years. Now the cheap chinese black fittings that they go on will turn in a year. Don't buy the jegs/summit brand fittings. Junk

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chromeworx…

Posts: 1269 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post

I'm cheap. I just stripped the anodizing with Lye. well except for the high dollar oil lines. i just couldn't do it. Lol

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have cerakoted some of my fittings. Not the hose ends but the other fittings. Works great!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5326 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Fragola makes a chrome fitting.

Fragola black fittings are also fine.

Made in USA

Posts: 2123 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Scott, they turn purple/violet too

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Been using them since 2018 ED no issues.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
2 seasons on these no sign of fading. This photo is from this fall on my 2020 cars.

Just say'n

black fittings

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

If you didn't hold the keys to the cabin, you'd got one of these

quote:
Another nobody, Internet forum salesman whose clients are the clueless, naive, misinformed and street/strip crowd

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 560 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlueTruck:

I'm cheap. I just stripped the anodizing with Lye. well except for the high dollar oil lines. i just couldn't do it. Lol

Not on subject, but that truck is bad azz......love it.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Scott, my dragster was originally plumbed with Fragola black fittings when built and many of which have now been swapped out for XRP due to changing to violet and copper color…and/or swivels binding.

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
ED... Come on man! That thing's 10 years old. Time to move it. Things wear out, things improve. That's like guys still say'n Hoosiers shake.

If it wouldn't sit in a shop all the time under uv light you wouldn't have that problem!

SL... sheesh

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I am wondering what causes the color change on the black fittings. Could it be heat, age, exposure to fuel, vapor, etc? Maybe sunlight? My blend of XRP & Russell fittings are now 4.5 years old, and still look perfect, (other than where I scratched a couple of them). The blue and red anodized ones seem to be much more easily scratched than the black ones, but none have changed colors on me. Door car, so the fittings are basically never exposed to direct sunlight. Methanol fuel, so no exposure to race gas. Just sharing info, FWIW.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1059 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
ED... Come on man! That thing's 10 years old. Time to move it. Things wear out, things improve. That's like guys still say'n Hoosiers shake.

If it wouldn't sit in a shop all the time under uv light you wouldn't have that problem!

SL... sheesh

So it’s 8 years old, sits in the trailer when it’s not unloaded to race and and they were replaced years ago. Just saying Fragola black fittings do infact change color.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have had XRP Super Nickle on my camaro for at least 8 years now. Still shiny. I also have a huge inventory of XRP fittings that I am trying to liquidate. Other than Crimp on (sold crimper, dies, hose, and fittings to Torrance) I probably have what you are looking for. Most teams just buy red/blue and have them anodized black.

Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
All anodized colors will fade over time. The environment, the products used, who and how they are processed all play in how long it takes to fade. One of the bigger challenges we have is keeping a eye on our metal finishers quality.
Here is what I know, Clean your anodized parts with a mild soap and water and use a UV protecting wax at least once a year. I do not recommend spraying your anodized parts with brake flush or carb cleaner.

Nickel plating is a little more fragile but is a great finish that should not fade.

Personally I only use XRP fittings.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 254 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post