quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Does the cigarette lighter work?

Radio works too lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1407 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The OP is chomping at the bit for a slip in the 50's. That's only a matter of time, it'll do that.

Relaxing

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The OP is chomping at the bit for a slip in the 50's. That's only a matter of time, it'll do that.

Relaxing

I think it will Track close to me had a 5.49 index class i really want to run it.. Hopefully the 509 will be able to get there.. should be really close lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1407 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Looks good, buddy. Lotsa pop in the colors. It's been years since a paint job has grabbed my attention like this.

Real nice.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
powdercoat the hoops leave the centers shiny. Looks good now though!

Posts: 420 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
Looks good, buddy. Lotsa pop in the colors. It's been years since a paint job has grabbed my attention like this.

Real nice.

Thanks Bruce

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:

Relaxing

I think it will Track close to me had a 5.49 index class i really want to run it.. Hopefully the 509 will be able to get there.. should be really close lol

Sounds like a killer class. Good luck.

She deserves easy to see in here 2nd page.

That ain't a bad idea either , the hoops black powder coat.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Relaxing

Sounds like a killer class. Good luck.

She deserves easy to see in here 2nd page.

That ain't a bad idea either , the hoops black powder coat.

LOL

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Got the car on the scales today 2488 empty 2740 with driver... Total loss was 235 lbs down from 2975.. Pretty happy with that car is almost 50/50 50.9% on the front 49.1% on the rear

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wow Nice! USA

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Is it race Season yet lol. Dam i am ready to let it fly....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What's it gonna run off the trailer? I don't wanna hear what it oughta run either but what's it gonna run? Smile

Give us your Joe Namath forecast on winning a head of time. FTW, how fast does it gotta go off the trailer?

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's it gonna run off the trailer? I don't wanna hear what it oughta run either but what's it gonna run? Smile

Give us your Joe Namath forecast on winning a head of time. FTW, how fast does it gotta go off the trailer?

Honestly i have no idea lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
5.66 @2970 in way good air in October. Its 2740 now Reasonable would be low 50's i think is it doesn't act crazy and want to stand on the rear bumper. 40's when we get the bugs worked out. No sissy sticks lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
5.66 @2970 in way good air in October. Its 2740 now Reasonable would be low 50's i think is it doesn't act crazy and want to stand on the rear bumper. 40's when we get the bugs worked out. No sissy sticks lol

Sissy sticks" that's an ol' skool one you don't hear everyday, I can dig it. You figure conditions will be good and the track prepped well, always is early in the season, everyone raring to go.

If you're seriously worried about wheelying off the trailer, tighten the F' out the compression and loosen the rebound to lay down some tracks. That's how I run mine no sissy sticks. Otherwise it would definitely be on the bumper too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://youtu.be/pgWw9ZcX4YM

Pause the video after the car leaves and look in the groove. This is a 1.29 60ft 10x28 bias slick. Laying tracks keeps it off the bumper. You can adjust that into the car with a loose rebound, tight compression if the pick up point is placed correctly (not too low per the power in play).

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sissy sticks" that's an ol' skool one you don't hear everyday, I can dig it. You figure conditions will be good and the track prepped well, always is early in the season, everyone raring to go.

If you're seriously worried about wheelying off the trailer, tighten the F' out the compression and loosen the rebound to lay down some tracks. That's how I run mine no sissy sticks. Otherwise it would definitely be on the bumper too.

Its set up tight now will adjust from there pretty sure i will be good. 70% of the pounds take on if front the front end

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a job well done Brian. I keep thinking about glass doors but I'm afraid of the installation. My steel doors are gutted to the max so not sure how much weight i'd save.

Posts: 465 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Car came out beautiful! Major difference!! Love that orange and I'm sure it pops in the sun.

I seen you were talking about painting the centers of the wheels black which I think would look great but if you have someone close to you that can do hydro dipping, I would get them dipped in carbon fiber to match the graphics on the car. I think that would tie everything together very well!

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Gusack:
Congratulations on a job well done Brian. I keep thinking about glass doors but I'm afraid of the installation. My steel doors are gutted to the max so not sure how much weight i'd save.

thanks

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55