DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Intake manifold plumbing bbc
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intake manifold plumbing bbc
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted
Is there any advantage plumbing the back of the intake to the front?
Not a big deal to do, will it help cool better or release any hot spots?
Thanks

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I did it several years ago and did not notice any difference

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of alanr
posted Hide Post
keeps air pockets out of back of heads

Posts: 10 | Location: southeastern, Pa | Registered: May 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
If you do, it does not need to be big, it is just an air pocket bleed #4 or #6 is big enough.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
If you're worried about air pockets back there, I would just tap it and crack the plugs loose until I got water instead of actually plumbing lines front to back. My Mullis car with the rear mounted radiator was a real pain to get all the air out of the system. I used to fill it with the front wheels in the trailer & back wheels on the ground. I would let the pump run for a while and continuously top the water off while grabbing the cage and rocking the car side to side. Just when you thought all the air was out, it would burp out some more!

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
If you're worried about air pockets back there, I would just tap it and crack the plugs loose until I got water instead of actually plumbing lines front to back. My Mullis car with the rear mounted radiator was a real pain to get all the air out of the system. I used to fill it with the front wheels in the trailer & back wheels on the ground. I would let the pump run for a while and continuously top the water off while grabbing the cage and rocking the car side to side. Just when you thought all the air was out, it would burp out some more!

That’s exactly how I do it Billy just trying to make the cooling system as efficient as possible.
I just use the cherry picker to lift the front.
Thanks Ray

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post