DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Serious Question: TD - Going from Nitrous to ProCharger in SoCal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serious Question: TD - Going from Nitrous to ProCharger in SoCal?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
After flogging nitrous for too many year with a 548ci BBC we have decided get rid of all of the nitrous stuff and move to a Side Slinger ProCharger.

I need help with two basic questions:
1. Who at ProCharger Support is the best contact for a blower newbie [I haven't run a blower since TF in the mid 70's and it was a 671 Roots type!].
2. Who in SoCal is the "Go To" person for blow through carburetors? I rather have a local source, if possible.

We have the time and money to make the change and want to do things one time right. Top Dragster is a fast bracket race and we are looking for ensuring that we can qualify with consistency and reliability, not being able to run a 6.10 ET!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Gerard,

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Diamond Race Cars is a Procharger dealer 419.875.4080 and can set you up with the blower, realistic pulleys, scoop tray, piping, hoses, clamps etc. Dan Davies who owns the place has been running Procharged dragsters for at least 10 years. He's also a APD carb dealer. Dan is also up on engine combos and has tried many many converters,

IMO Sergio at Procharger is the most knowledgeable guy but very hard to get on the phone. Go thru a dealer.

I have run the F2 model, F1r and now a F3D-106 I'd recommend the F3D-106 mainly because of the stronger gearbox (a known weakness in the F1/f2 family).

I go 6.35-6.40 (4.06-4.10 1/8) - this is in 2000 foot of air or better - making 20lbs of boost.

One of the most important decisions is deciding how fast you want to go.

Vince Musilino on here TOPD1332 runs a side slinger, JR did at one point and of course Rusty Baxter (fastest man with a side slinger?) goes fast and wins with one.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You also might want to contact Pascal on here From L&L Racing engines. Out of Michigan. They run a
Side slinger also. Runs in the teens. Good guy.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I didn't think anyone still ran a blow thru carb. EFI would be the best way to tune a pro charger set up and get the best performance out of it.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
PAR and SDPC The Race Shop are 2 of the best in the country with Procharger combos, providing the power for world champions and National event winners.

If we decide to go Top Dragster racing, the first person I’m talking to is Rusty Baxter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
SDPC Raceshop, ask for Alan.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
sdpc also have the blow thru carbs and all other acssesories for prochargers

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1412 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post