Notify
Tools

1.69 glide sbc
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by et7338:
I currently use a 1.76 planetary in my Camaro,640 h.p.Has anyone one used a 1.69 in a sbc with any improvement over the 1.76/

1/8 or 1/4?
If you are trying to manage a small tire (10 is not small) then it might ...work but if you have a larger tire and the car works well the 1.69 will look like a sway back horse on the low gear ramp. Stall speed moves up and so does slip because it lays on the converter trying accelerate less torque. It will go down any track but I bet it’s .06 or more slower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by et7338:
I currently use a 1.76 planetary in my Camaro,640 h.p.Has anyone one used a 1.69 in a sbc with any improvement over the 1.76/

If you are trying to manage a small tire (10 is not small) then it might ...work but if you have a larger tire and the car works well the 1.69 will look like a sway back horse on the low gear ramp. Stall speed moves up and so does slip because it lays on the converter trying accelerate less torque. It will go down any track but I bet it’s .06 or more slower.

I had a TSI 1.64 in mine to start with a 10 year old set of 10" M/T's, went a 6.02 off the trailer new engine and transmission i threw together.

A friend who races Ultra street radial had the 1.69 low I have now, up for sale. He had maybe 15 laps on his way to a 1.58 low.

I bought it for $400, went 5.99 next time out with it, in between 300 diesel trucks testing for a diesel race at Bradenton that particular weekend, ****ty slimy diesel track surface. There's many misconceptions about these gearsets, they're faster everywhere, early in the run and around the shift.

You can't just throw a 1.69 in it with a 4.11 you ran witha 1.80, and think you're gonna ago faster.

I already figured it up,the OP can run a 5.00 gear quarter mile with a 1.69, I guarantee, that goes faster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My question to the OP would be “What improvement are you looking for”? ET? Consistency? I think either trans gear would be appropriate depending on the goal.

I leave with a 1.40 trans gear and 5.14 diff gear 1/8 mile @7150 traps. Convertor stalls @6600 and flashes to 6300. This runs front half soft and back half hard. 6.20 @112 all summer long in 2840# on 32x14.

Posts: 2480 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
My question to the OP would be “What improvement are you looking for”? ET? Consistency? I think either trans gear would be appropriate depending on the goal.

I leave with a 1.40 trans gear and 5.14 diff gear 1/8 mile @7150 traps. Convertor stalls @6600 and flashes to 6300. This runs front half soft and back half hard. 6.20 @112 all summer long in 2840# on 32x14.

It's a Cadillac? Confused

719 starting line ratio?

I got a 657 SLR, Cadillac.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
66 Cadillac Eldorado in the left lane.

1.69 low

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
quote:
quote:
3500 lbs 3.89 gear x 1.69 low gear

165 lb rear coil over springs

I'm so full of crap...lol
My buddy on here has a car at that weight that is faster than you with a 406 and a set of OTB AFR 227's and you act like you're killing it.
Oh yeah....950 carb too...LOL

Sore loser huh

Ahhh... ha...ha...ha! I like how you invert everything.

You have no friends you can name, so you'll have no evidence of any claim you invent.

He goes by 4link1955 on here and most know him....Jason McLawhorn.
gotta suck that his 1955 Wagon with a 406 and otb AFR 227s is faster than your topshelf build....LOL

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My buddy on here has a car at that weight that is faster than you with a 406 and a set of OTB AFR 227's and you act like you're killing it.

Sore loser huh

You have no friends you can name, so you'll have no evidence of any claim you invent.

gotta suck that his 1955 Wagon with a 406 and otb AFR 227s is faster than your topshelf build....LOL

Nobody has ever been faster at 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 tire, AFR or Brodix 23 cylinder head, n/a 23 sbc.

I appreciate your *top shelf build* compliment. I built it. Thank you...

Transmission too Smile .

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sore loser huh

Nobody has ever been faster at 3200 lbs on a 10 x 28 tire, AFR or Brodix 23 cylinder head, n/a 23 sbc.

I appreciate your *top shelf build* compliment. I built it. Thank you...

Transmission too Smile .

Trust me...you don't!
You post just to have someone to talk to because you're that bored.
I wouldn't be bragging about building your own trans because every other post is about it being pulled out to swap a converter or to work on the trans.
As far as your OTB heads....there's no proof of that and no one is taking your word for anything...lol

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unparalleled 60ft time 1.27

n/a 23 degree sbc

10 x 28 bias slick

3200 lbs

Triple Chrome plated steel bumpers

Unparalleled drag racing performance built in house by driver Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unparalleled back half (mph)

6.40 or slower

Best of all times n/a 23 sbc 3200 lbs

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Why don’t you show proof of the whole ticket with your car number it?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
Why don’t you show proof of the whole ticket with your car number it?

Are you telling everyone in so many words you'd post someone else's timeslip, and claim it as your own?

That's exactly what you're telling us.

Where would I get this time slip? It's unparalleled, nobody else can run like this sbc 3200 lbs, 6.40 or slower.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is unparalleled mph, 6.40 or slower.

Prove me wrong, you can't.

This is at 3500 lbs.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is unparalleled mph, 6.40 or slower.

Prove me wrong, you can't.

This is at 3500 lbs.

Dude you can take my STOCK BLOCK sbc and put it in your car and run faster so quit acting like you've got some one off piece that is super special.
You can claim anything you want but no one is gonna take your word.
DIPPED into the 5s.... Roll Eyes

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The timeslip says one thing...

Unparalleled backhalf mph 6.40 or slower, you can claim anything you want, you can camp out at fantasy drag way as much as you like, it won't overrule the timeslip.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

6.40 or slower

Show the whole timeslip and prove what you’re saying is true.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

6.40 or slower

What would showing the whole time slip prove? More than the et and mph already proves as a unparalleled back half?

Nothing, you're desperate for a loop hole because you've never done anything unparalleled in drag racing, and never will.

AKA you're jealous.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

6.40 or slower

What would showing the whole time slip prove? More than the et and mph already proves as a unparalleled back half?

Nothing, you're desperate for a loop hole because you've never done anything unparalleled in drag racing, and never will.

AKA you're jealous.

Does this timeslip have your name and number on it? Yes or No

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This one doesn't have my name or car number either, so what about it? Same weekend.

Holding a tenth and a half in 6.50 index same race. Only the unparalleled back half was on a time run.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unparalleled back half 6.40 or slower. Fastest mph all times 6.40 or slower 23 sbc 3200 lbs.