DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Oxygen regulator for torch set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oxygen regulator for torch set
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
I rarely use my torches but turned on the oxygen and the regulator is leaking. Regulators are old Victor brand. Local welding supply doesn't rebuild said to bey new. They carry Blue Star by Techniweld of course made in China. Anyone have any experience or recommendations on rebuilding or a new regulator?

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Order from AIRGAS

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
they are rebuildable and will be better than what you can buy now unless you spend lots of money.its pretty simple if you find parts.diapham spring and seat.it screws apart

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Rusty is spot on, just find a rebuild kit. I sell a Uniweld oxygen and acetylene regulator that's OK in a pinch. Your's is quality goods.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Outer diaphram is no longer available, this reg. is over 40yo. They say they might be able to match something but with shipping it would be in the $140 range.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
when i google this and put airgas at end it oppef up with several options in 40 or less price.with out specific number i cant pinpoint correct one..amazon ebay ect

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i havnt checked in sometime butthere used to be rebuilders in public to take them to

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
My old Smiths-Victor set is over 80 years old.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I'm in Phoenix and this is a great mom and pop repair place.
Might be worth your time to call and see what they could do for you.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/brown...lator-repair-phoenix

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I still have my original Victor set, bought it back in the 70's. AIRGAS in El Cajon fills the same tanks.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post