Find
Notify
Tools

Strange Strut
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted
I have Strange struts on my Sunfire. I purchased these in 2010 from RJ race cars to mockup my front end. I finished the car in early 2020. Last season on the 9th pass we noticed drivers side strut adjuster nut was sticking out of strut about an inch more than the other side. I need to send these off for repair but to whom? Strange, Competitive Suspension or other. Looking for opinions. Thank you

Posts: 233 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Monte, the change to Afterworks by Ron Gilbreath [Ron G] was a positive move. I now have much more control and it responds to a small change. Ron was a former partner/owner at Santhuff and still does repair work for Santhuff. I suggest talking with him. You will recall seeing the professional folder I showed you that Ron sent with the parts.

Afterworks Shocks
14701 CR 782, Sinton, Texas
(361) 960-1395
rongshocks@gmail.com

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1848 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have used Competitive Suspension to rebuild my Konis Shane did a great job and quickly would use him again

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 425 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry, Aftershock does interest me plus the fact he is right here in our area. Will call him on Monday. Struts off the car and broken down ready to ship.

Posts: 233 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://fb.watch/bLGFdnffSD/

Hopefully this Facebook link works. Shane with competitive suspension has these front shocks working flawless I would say.

Posts: 824 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shane at Competitive Suspension did mine, and the car worked better that it ever had before. I had a negative experience with Strange rebuilding my struts and will never use them again.

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Shane at Competitive suspension is great. 484-529-3501.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1383 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
I had 25+ old struts, sent them back to Strange, they went thru them (they PRE-warned me of possible cracks making them not worth rebuild) got them back in a few weeks > they upgraded them to current adj. style, worked great as far as I could tell...Very Satisfied w/ their service.

Posts: 257 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Max Moore
posted Hide Post
sent mine to Strange a few years ago they were cracked but came back better than new very happy

Posts: 410 | Location: NE AR | Registered: December 13, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post