New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer tires
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I bought these last year. So far so good,as others have said.

https://corporate.goodyear.com...ed_trailer_tire.html

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
My buddy was thrilled when he found out GY was making that Made In USA tire available in 15" sizes. He said they were a bit pricey, but they did/still do offer a price match against any online retailer selling the same tire for less...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have looked into 16". Problem is, I'm 5 lug 3500 lb axles-and I haven't found any 16" rims to fit the hubs. Tires are no problem but the rims are.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67 Goat:
I have pretty much grenaded every trailer tire I have ever used. Next set will be Goodyears. I park my trailer with car in it in the last corner bay of my shop, in order to get it in there I just about have to jack knife the trailer and truck. Trailer tires look like they want to fold over on themselves. Never had a sidewall issue, but I have had complete treads just peel off and steel belts break and other various tread explosions and failures. Always use Load range E. I am in hot and humid South Florida with hot temps almost all year round. Any of you can correlate sharp turns with tread failure?

SAME HERE BOUQUE BLOW OUTS, I NEVER DRIVE OVER 55.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I guess I was lucky. I ran my oem Goodyear Marathons for 11 years with only one failure from hitting something and putting a hole in the sidewall. I felt guilty and replaced all 6 of them. No cracks or any evidence of problems.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I have the original good year Marathons on my trailer. 14 yrs old and look almost new. The trailer only has maybe 3K miles. just sets. I am scared to change the tires because of all the crap thats out there.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
I have the original good year Marathons on my trailer. 14 yrs old and look almost new. The trailer only has maybe 3K miles. just sets. I am scared to change the tires because of all the crap thats out there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Are you saying the tires on your trailer are 14 years old?! Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Yes Tom 14 or 15 yrs. 03 Hallmark 24 ft race edition. Bought to resale and deal fell through. So I got to eat it. Has not been moved in 3 yrs. Sad really. Used for storage. It wont go out of town without New tires. Has bad hail damage.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Footloose,

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Been talked about many times on here. Seems most people blowing out tires are doing so with the 15" stuff.

Never had a problem with any of my 16" stuff, but had enough bad experiences with 15", that were almost brand new, that I will never use a trailer with 15" wheels to tow more than 50 miles.........

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
I have looked into 16". Problem is, I'm 5 lug 3500 lb axles-and I haven't found any 16" rims to fit the hubs. Tires are no problem but the rims are.

Look at Summit. Multiple steelies in 16"diameter.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have been offering the TowMAster ASC (all-steel construction) F-rated (12-ply) 15" trailer tire nd it has had zero failures.
Due to it being F-rated it requires 85-100 psi and needs a stronger wheel to match the weight capacity of the new TowMaster ASC tire.
We have them mounted on the HD white spoke wheel for $149.00 each plus the ride.
We also have TowMaster ASC - G-rated in 16" 235/80R16 ad 235/85R16. $135.00 plus the ride.

Be safe out there and check the cold tire pressures before you leave for the track every week.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
Been talked about many times on here. Seems most people blowing out tires are doing so with the 15" stuff.

Never had a problem with any of my 16" stuff, but had enough bad experiences with 15", that were almost brand new, that I will never use a trailer with 15" wheels to tow more than 50 miles.........

I've only had one trailer tire blow, and it was a 16". It sounded like someone shot at me.
I've never had any issues with my 15's other than picking up road debris and going flat once I've stopped, they normally just dry rot before the tread wears out.

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
LT tires will hold up much better than an ST.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Yes Tom 14 or 15 yrs. 03 Hallmark 24 ft race edition. Bought to resale and deal fell through. So I got to eat it. Has not been moved in 3 yrs. Sad really. Used for storage. It wont go out of town without New tires. Has bad hail damage.

What?? Your trailer is 15 years old and hasn't been moved in years.. but you have not had a blowout? Damn, that's a good recommendation for GY Marathons.

I've seen a mid 90's singlewide that still had tires on it, but I didn't go up examining the tire brand so I could put it on my race trailer or RV....

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I bought these last year. So far so good,as others have said.

https://corporate.goodyear.com...ed_trailer_tire.html

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking at the new Good Year Endurance and the Greenball Tow-Master ASC (All Steel Construction) in size 225/75R15 for a specification comparison and here’s what I’ve found.

The GY Endurance is 28.3” tall, weighs 34 lbs , 2830# load rated and speed rated to 87 mph. Made in USA.

The Tow-Master ASC is 28.3” tall, weighs 46 lbs, 3195# Single / 2835# Dual load rated, speed rated to 81 mph. Made in China.

Both tires are priced about the same.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
I JUST ORDERED 4 GOODYEAR ENDURANCE TRAILER TIRES SIZE 225/75/15 LOAD RANGE E FOR $399.56 TO MY DOOR FROM SIMPLE TIRE, THEY HAVE 10% OFF UNTIL MAY 23, ENTER “ROADTRIP10” AT CHECKOUT. THE ORIGINAL PRICE IS $110.99 EA., $443.96. I HAVE PURCHASED FROM SIMPLE TIRE BEFORE AND THEY HAD THE BEST PRICE EACH TIME.

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of FordRacer
posted Hide Post
Mastercraft is now making the 15" 10 ply tires, just started testing these tires. Had bad experiences with Goodyear and Carlisle, Goodyear being 8 ply and Carlisle being 10 ply. After about three years the sidewalks fail. Just saying, this has been my experience. Heat is the big killer of the 15" tires!

Posts: 4 | Location: Ky. | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of FordRacer
posted Hide Post
sidewalls , got to love spell check!

Posts: 4 | Location: Ky. | Registered: May 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
My tire guy said to run at MAX air pressure to keep the heat down....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post