DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GRID RPM Control
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRID RPM Control
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Ran into an interesting issue with the GRID today - Launch Limiter knows it is activated, but is not applying. Step 5 and burnout are not in the picture. DAQ shows that the limiter activated and set to 4000 RPM.

The only thing I can think of is that we switched from a legacy ignition (using the chip emulator cable) to a 7720 networked module.

Does the "Legacy/Network" switch in general settings change RPM control from chip emulator to onboard? Are there other functions it changes? Or do we need to look at something completely different?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VCtN7ys6iuNVgmSJ8

Posts: 34 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you are using the 7720 with 7730 you need to select the “Network Ignition” in Ignition Type. If you’re using an analog ignition ( 6al, 7al) with 7730, you need to attach the Legacy cable to the analog rpm port and select the Legacy (6al, 7al) mode.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
If you are using the 7720 with 7730 you need to select the “Network Ignition” in Ignition Type. If you’re using an analog ignition ( 6al, 7al) with 7730, you need to attach the Legacy cable to the analog rpm port and select the Legacy (6al, 7al) mode.

Yes, in this screenshot it's a 7720 with the setting set to legacy ignition - I completely forgot to change the setting after switched things over. We are curious what all this box affects - there is no documentation explaining it.

I've since changed mode to network ignition but have other issues until we can try it again.

Posts: 34 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post